[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, give me the gist of it >We're called Christianity,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1406626784712.jpg (219KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1406626784712.jpg
219KB, 1134x1001px
Ok, give me the gist of it
>We're called Christianity, and we're an offspring of Judaism
Ok, go on
>We believe in a code of morals that prohibits murdering and stealing, but promotes empathy, mercy and community
Alright
>Our most important symbol is of a man who suffered immensely for the benefit of his fellow men
Ok
>We also believe that it is not wealth, but a moral life that benefitting the community that everybody should aspire to
Sounds good
>While we have abused our power in the past, today we are one of the biggest charity organizations in the world and channel lots of funds into poor countries to help those who need food and water the most urgently
Alright, this sounds like a great commu-
>We also must insist that an all-powerful ghost with human-like thought patterns created the entire universe a few thousand years ago through magic and made it so that the earth is at the center of everything, he also planted humans the exact way they are now; also he knows literally everything that happens, once wiped out most of humanity by making a flood appear through sheer will. Even though he is all-powerful no intervention of his has yet been irrefutably proven that can not be explained by modern science, but don't you doubt the existance of the space ghost, otherwise your consciousness will not cease to be, but be teleported into another dimension where monsters fuck you in the ass for literal eternity. If you disagree you're a fedora-tipping neckbeard, that's my argument.
....wait what?

Why does Christianity have to stick with the mythology that is attached to it? It should be a set of values, morals and ideas, instead it's a fairy tale story that puts the literal truthfulness of it's legends before the message of mercy and community it could be. You don't need the almighty spaceghost to legitimize everything.
>>
>We also must insist that an all-powerful ghost with human-like thought patterns created the entire universe a few thousand years ago through magic and made it so that the earth is at the center of everything, he also planted humans the exact way they are now; also he knows literally everything that happens, once wiped out most of humanity by making a flood appear through sheer will. Even though he is all-powerful no intervention of his has yet been irrefutably proven that can not be explained by modern science, but don't you doubt the existance of the space ghost, otherwise your consciousness will not cease to be, but be teleported into another dimension where monsters fuck you in the ass for literal eternity. If you disagree you're a fedora-tipping neckbeard, that's my argument.

I don't even believe in Christianity, or theism, but you put in no effort to understand their position.

Go read John Dun Scotus, or Aquinas at the very least.
>>
>>1800106
>all Christians are YECs
>>
What's it to you if they do?
>>
>>1800121
messiah complex, they feel they must "help" everyone think their way
>>
>>1800106
Go speak to a monk or priest with this, not /his/. It'll get a better answer for your question and not lead people astray here, as well.
>>
I would rather think that i was created by god rather than tinking that i was brother with monkeys
>>
>>1801000
Sounds like some Orthodox brainwash-reasoning
>>
>>1800106
>We're called Christianity, and we're an offspring of Judaism.
No. Learn some history and come back.
>>
Incidentally, taking out the mythological and dogmatic aspects, the philosophy of Aquinas is better than anything written in the old testament of the bible.
>>
>>1801221
Are you a Christ-killer or perhaps don't want to associate yourself with Christ-killers?
Either way, whichever your answer is you're still wrong.
>>
>>1801246
Judaism a later religion stemming from Pharisaism. It's actually more recent than Christianity.
>>
>>1801246
All Christians are Jews.
>>
>>1801263
t. Varg
>>
>>1801262
>Samaritanism, Pharisism, Essenism, Ebonites, Paulists

Karaite Judaism follows patrilineal descent, meaning a Jew is someone whose father is Jewish, or who has undergone a formal conversion, since all Jewish descent in the Tanakh is traced patrilineally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaite_Judaism
>>
Jesus isn't the messiah
>>
>>1800106
>It should be a set of values, morals and ideas, instead it's a fairy tale story that puts the literal truthfulness of it's legends before the message of mercy and community it could be.
You are thinking of humanism. It's Christianity in a secular package.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.