[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are neo-liberals so obsessed with moving to some post racial,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1462413230997.png (431KB, 655x552px) Image search: [Google]
1462413230997.png
431KB, 655x552px
Why are neo-liberals so obsessed with moving to some post racial, borderless society where countries are defined by ideology and commodifed culture rather than a people. These cosmopolitans, global citizens, that say things like "I wonder how the world would be if we just let people choose what religion, language, and culture they could choose," except they only want secular humanist neo-liberal markets with them in the upper middle class caste.

I legitimately don't understand and am not soapboxing here. Is it like an individualism thing or is it like a secular version of free will obsession? Maybe its like the capitalist version of global revolution for communists
>>
They like the idea of a global consumer base that wants to buy their shit. National borders and cultural/ideological/political differences make making money harder.

It's really not about anything except money.
>>
>>1799208
Fpbp, as always.
>>
>>1799208
Then how does this view appeal to people who don't have any money
>>
File: watamote.png (43KB, 237x330px) Image search: [Google]
watamote.png
43KB, 237x330px
>>1799291
those people dont matter
>>
>>1799291
Multiculturalism is pushed by the Elites/The Establishment because it suits their political agenda, which is one of international organizations and corporations.

Modern ultraliberalism and social justice warriors are just useful idiots to the big politicians, big banks, big businesses, and big media.
>>
File: 1452479689005.png (68KB, 365x223px) Image search: [Google]
1452479689005.png
68KB, 365x223px
>>1799291
>>
>Why are neo-liberals so obsessed with ... commodifed culture

>its like the capitalist version of global revolution for communists

yep
>>
>>1799304
>>1799208
the real question is why does the left side with global finance in their goal of creating a rootless, post-national society?
>>
>>1799197
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1799334
You're putting the cart before the horse. Its the Elites who push globalism, not because they necessarily believe it [though many of course do] but because its good for their interests.
>>
>>1799197
>uses cosmopolitan as a pejorative
>>
>>1799345
>my specific form of cosmopolitanism will totally work guys!

>>1799334
The left and the right fight for the same goals.
>>
>>1799345
I understand subjecting young children and citizens to following national ideals doesn't sound great, but there simply can't be an absence of culture. Not to mention internationalist just do the same thing as nationalist, cosmopolitans all believe the same neo-liberal principles rather than the local ones because they perceive more free will in this decision
>>
We're a consumer driven society. Globalism is a response to markets that demand cheaper/better/faster all the time. Revolutions teach that, whatever power the elite think they have, when enough people decide the game is bullshit, that power is almost never enough. thus, it's in the interest of these elites to give the masses what they want. these same people bitching and moaning about globalism are the selfsame people who drive it.
>>
>>1799291
It doesn't. It ruins the working class and the middle class and benefits only rich people, which is why the elites constantly try to push all those shady deals like TPP and obscure them in mystery and outright lies because they know the general population would never approve of that shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.