[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this country's problem? Why haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Papua-New-Guinea.gif (273KB, 1412x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Papua-New-Guinea.gif
273KB, 1412x1006px
What the fuck is this country's problem? Why haven't they ever done anything ever?

Are they just island aboriginals or something? What's the deal?
>>
it's what Africa would be if it was never colonized
>>
>>1795484
there's an island in the map called New Ireland. Doesn't that indicate they were colonized?
>>
>>1795485
also new britain
>>
Neu Pommern, never forget lads
>>
>>1795484
No not at all.
Completely different history and part of the world
>>
>>1795461
Black people
>>
>>1795461
Because the Second World War disrupted the social, technological, and economic progress the island had been experiencing in peace for millennia. They were fully capable of being as developed as Australia was in 1950 if the Australians hadn't invaded.
>>
File: 1472273866228.jpg (50KB, 1106x553px) Image search: [Google]
1472273866228.jpg
50KB, 1106x553px
>>1797138
>>
>>1797138
this is delusional
im not even white
>>
>>1797167
>>1797182
He's clearly joking...
>>
>>1797221
What's there to joke about? New Guinea WAS at the brink of a golden age before the Australians chose to make it a battlefront with the Japanese.
>>
>>1797182
There colony rule from the brits to the aussies was very non existant. It was just a resource depot and that's it.
>>
I more or less just imagine it as Morrowind/Vvardenfel minus the magic
>>
>>1795485
That was originally called Neu Pommern. PNG rightful German clay
>>
>>1797221

Fuck off racist. The New Guineans were on the cusp of their own tribal-culture-powered space age before the Aussies swooped in and stole their technology. Why do you think Australia is so prosperous now and New Guinea is so poor?
>>
Being inhabited by literally only tribals for millennia and then being turned into a battleground for two powers that treated it as a strip of land they claimed but never touched will do that to you. But at least the populations living deep inside it are a good way to have an idea on how prehistoric societies behaved.
>>
at least they have cute birbs
>>
>>1797114
Sure, but same technological level.
>>
>>1797294

But I mean, there was nothing there in the first place. Literally nothing.
>>
>>1797949
Bullshit. New Guinean society was quite possibly the most advanced Oceanic society in the region until roughly 1940 or so. Much of our technological advances were stolen or destroyed during the Austro-Japanese invasion.
>>
>>1795461
What's wrong with that? They don't bother anyone, so no one bothers them and they can continue living life the way they like to.
>>
They had no petrol to sniff to take their minds to the dreamtime
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.