[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite parable, /his/? I'm partial to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What's your favorite parable, /his/?

I'm partial to Lazarus and the Rich Man, myself, although the Parable of the Vineyard Workers is also good.
>>
>>1793763

I've always been partial to the parable of the clown and the man with glasses myself.
>>
>>1793763
Parable
The Beggar Lazarus and the Rich Man

Pick one and only one.
>>
prodigal son is where its at my nigga
>>
The Publican and the Pharisee
>>
The parable of the anal leakage by Constantine.
>>
>>1793769
This is now a thread about making up parables that could pass as Jesus'
>>
Even though I can't bring myself to have faith,
the parable of the Prodigal Son still moves me deeply.
>>
>>1795079
If you would like faith, I can tell you how to find it. But only if you want it.
>>
File: 1405417051719.jpg (70KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1405417051719.jpg
70KB, 400x388px
>>1794971
This 2bh
>"But it was appropriate to celebrate and be glad, for this, your brother, was dead, and is alive again. He was lost, and is found."
>>
>>1795084
You can share what you want, I wouldn't mind hearing what you have to say.

I might not be able to fully appreciate it, but I will try my best to understand.
>>
>>1795095
Pray the Jesus Prayer whenever you are waiting or have nothing to focus your mind on.

Pray the Our Father first thing after you wake up, every morning

Every time you are tempted by anger, lust, or anything else, follow what the monk does in this cartoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU

Making the Sign of the Cross a few times every day, which is praying with your fingertips. Orthodox do it by pinching the thump and fore and second finger together, going up-down, right-left. Father-Son, Holy-Spirit

Come to Divine Liturgy every Sunday.

Read Psalm 50 every night (Psalm 51 in non-Orthodox Bibles).

Read three chapters from the Gospels every day.

Read The Way of a Pilgrim

Read Laurus
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.