[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When people are facing death they always cry unto God ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: ships.jpg (73KB, 1100x728px) Image search: [Google]
ships.jpg
73KB, 1100x728px
When people are facing death they always cry unto God ?
Even atheists.
>>
Desperation. In times of trouble you look to your leaders. In times of catastrophe, you look to someone even stronger.
>>
>>1792813

No, not really.
You are welcome.
>>
>>1792841
Wrote the atheist. I'm sure if you're on the verge of dying, let's say if you were to become am hostage you'll beg God to save you : " Please God if you exist, save me and I'll do good deeds".
>>
>>1792856

The question has been answered, why are you so mad?
>>
>>1792866
Thank (You)
>>
>>1792813
>Even atheists.
Do you have anything to back it up (that is not memes)?
>>
>>1792813
Doesnt mean much
I'm Jewish and in time of anger I cry "Allahu Akbar" with rage
>>
>>1792913
It is generally said that people cry unto God. I'm not OP.
>>
>>1792944
Not facing death then.
>>
>>1792959
>(that is not memes)

It is also said that black cats bring bad luck.
>>
Because they were raised with christian values regardless of beliefs in adult life.

You don't see east asians raised without christianity plead to god in times of desperation, at least not ywvh.
>>
regardless of what absurdists claim, it's possible to know the christian god doesn't exist, because there is a clear evidential basis for it's fabrication in history and in human behavioral study. so no, some people just die bitter or in varying levels of dementia.
>>
>>1792813
Voltaire supposedly had this, twice.

>>1793988
Do you know what they say?

>>1792944
That's not even the proper context for that.
>>
>>1794010
>because there is a clear evidential basis for it's fabrication in history and in human behavioral study.

Can you explain this to me anon?
>>
>>1794010
There's also plenty of evidence for the divine interceding in history, but of course atheists like to ignore that.
>>
>>1794019
>"muh Jesus didn't exist"
>"muh Constantine made it up"
>>
>>1794020
Like what?
>>
>>1792813
>humanities
This board needs to be gassed
>>
>>1794045
>constantineatthemilvianbridge.png
>>
>>1794019
agriculture + animism has been widely observed in africa, asia and the americas. agriculture paired with a belief system that makes you want others to live the way that you do, such as abrahamic religion, spreads and institutionalizes. people use the institution, regardless of whether or not they are aware of it's abstract origins, to operate bodies of power and resources. it's a system that werkz, until scientific advancement and automation began overtaking it.

having an extensive, wide-scope education in history, anthropology and science makes hypotheses such as this obvious. I don't claim this argument to validly support the case, but I can't exactly give you almost a decade of university education in a 4chan post so the best I can do is tell you that it's not challenging to understand that before scientific mindsets began pervading the world population through education, when people had a question, they presume the best possible answer based off of what they know, because there is no alternative. this makes an institution based off of ancient knowledge with a bunch of "answers" that a ton of people say werkz attractive. abrahamic religion has so many similarities to more archaic fertile crescent religions that it's just an obvious morphing, functioning system through times, technologies and civilizations.
>>
>>1792813
They also cry "Oh shit" "fuck" "No"

Or are those "faces" of god like in your bullshit holy trinity?
>>
>>1792813
>When people are confused and blinded by emotion they think about God
Really made me think.
>>
Given how man would rather choose revenge, the various lusts', lust of money, which is greed, the lust of self-image which is pride, and the gratification that comes from these lusts, like pride and self image.... devising a God would be far from mans inherit desire, a desire that resides on the surface with the flesh. Man wants every excuse to be an animal and in pleasure.

Now the moral law and path, which man did not create, since the law and path are pre-paved and pre-desinged concepts as an option for man to choose, is proof the design was there prior to our discovery of it. The handiwork of a designer. Man is not the designer of "good". Of anything really. So the discovery of God is inevibtle. Simply due to the uncanny proof of our lack of hands on development of...just about everything. We grasp, we're graspers of these things, not the makers of them.

So, fabrication made up by man? Or is there inevitible reiforcement that man is not the center of it all, but a part of the many things that were already made? Including our very ideas and ideals, which are ehteric pathways, as opposed to physical paths carved out of earth.

Simply choosing good, which is an idea, not physical thing, just an idea in the mind, it has physical representation. It manifests in the phyiscal essentially. So even the pre-made IDEA, which man did not create but chooses is proof of an already established design. Proves how through the design is, that even concepts and ideas are just as real and already established as the earth itself.

Now man created God on his own? Really? How arrogant and shallow in sight does one have to be to think like this? As if vastness of the universe and creation isn't humiliating? As if man has any other choice then to ask...."Who/what made these things?"
>>
>>1794126
Romans 1:20
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
>>
>>1792813
>When people are having sex the cry oh my God!
Atheists BTFO.
>>
>>1794117
In Steven Seagal's movies maybe.
>>
>>1794110
Being able to describe how one particular culture came to understand the divine is similar to another does not disprove the existence of the divine. Also, separating the divine into "a god" instead of recognizing God as "The Divine" shows you don't understand the difference between how humans reflect on the infinite, and The Infinite itself.
>>
>>1792856
>I'm sure if you're on the verge of dying, let's say if you were to become am hostage you'll beg God to save you : " Please God if you exist, save me and I'll do good deeds".

you know, when I drop a hammer on my foot, I swear "AGH JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!"

does not mean I believe in him. Swearing "AGH! HIGGS' FUCKING BOSON!" doesnt really have the same impact.

Same goes with god.
I turn on the news and hear another politician open their mouth, my response is "god help us". not because I'm praying, but because its a simple phrase that I, and everyone in this country was brought up with.

"oh god" is an exclamation, not a statement of belief, its a phrase used because its cultural. Friends get drunk and I'll describe them as away with the fairies, doesn't mean I believe in fairies.

the whole notion that everyone suddenly believes in god when its a crisis is simply utter ignorance, a delusional story which you're repeating in the fragile hope that it gives your own belief some further reinforcement, telling yourself "well, when the shit really hits the fan, then they come back to the fold." or something like that. The reality is however, very different.
>>
>>1792813
Their crying unto their inner self in desperation for peace. It only raises false hope. But it is the sign of the godly.
>>
>>1792856
Atheist. come close to death a good four times now.

I didn't cry out to god, I shut the fuck up and tried to not die. It worked.

God a shit.
>>
Everyone believes in a higher power, even Atheists, even if they don't admit it.
>>
>>1794990
Prove it.
>>
>>1794990
>believes

More like hopes. Believing something just because you want it to be true is for children and idiots
>>
I fucking hate christfags, they didn't even exist on this website 3 years ago
>>
>>1795008

No
>>
>>1792813
I actually think that it's a cultural-linguistic type thing.

Though, if this is a thing in another culture, that would change my stance.
>>
>>1792813
Cultural inertia, its like saying why do people say things like hold your horses or get off your highhorse even though people dont ride anymore
>>
>>1792813
Death is scary, and they are at least culturally familiar with the concept of Divine Intervention.
>>
File: 1462371850230s.jpg (7KB, 181x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462371850230s.jpg
7KB, 181x250px
>>1795039
Kek of course they didn't you jizztrumpet
>>
>>1792813
[citation needed]
>>
>>1796532
>paavi apustaja
ebin :DD
>>
>>1792813
Why can't christfags form coherent sentences?
>>
>>1792856

I have had this happen a few times. I don't know what I am. I'm talking about a 3% chance of not having my life completely ruined. Said something along the lines of,

"Lord or Lords if you're out there.....please....I can repay you with all I am"

Now for untalented plebs that doesn't mean much....for me I have a debt that despite my worth will take the rest of my days to repay. I was given that 3% chance and am still here.
>>
>>1797193
*Tips fedora*
>>
>>1792813
I must admit it's pretty amazing how the theist-atheist pendulum swung so hard, theists became the new fedora tippers.
>>
>>1792813
& Humanities was a mistake
>>
>>1792813
>Euhuhuhhuhuhu atheysts when dey r abut 2 die xDDDDDXDXxXDXXxxDDxxxddXXXDDDXD Tottally an argumentee
>>
>>1792813
I dispise young adult fundamentalist Christians and Mormons. They don't know shit about the world yet they haven't any qualms with lecturing others on how they've superior beliefs.

Also, this is bait.
>>
>>1792813
Types of posts you will see in this thread from samefags

>[insert nonargument here]
>wtf that isn't true
>>
>>1794075
Lmao, clearly divine interceding in history
>>
>>1792813
Probably because there's nothing else to do. Might as well say your prayers, even though it doesn't do anything.
>>
File: sudoku.jpg (47KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.jpg
47KB, 554x400px
>>1792813
Not everyone, sempai.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.