[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there any way for Japan to win the Pacific War after they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Bull Halsey.jpg (266KB, 850x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Bull Halsey.jpg
266KB, 850x1236px
Was there any way for Japan to win the Pacific War after they lost at Midway?

Or was the Yank rapetrain unstoppable at that point?
>>
They would still lose Pacific even if they won Midway.
>>
>don't ally with Germany
>don't attack America
>stop the war after taking Manchuria and Formosa.
>modernize, get resources online, deport the Chinese, Koreans, and Taiwanese to unoccupied China.
>keep that American oil and technical support going at all costs.
>>
>>1787449
/thread
>>
>>1787229
I'm convinced there's no possible reality in which Japan wins on the Pacific front. Barring some crazy reality changing thing like a coup in America or a sudden eruption of Yellowstone or something.
>>
>>1787831
if they hadn't officially joined the axis, and had been more thorough in the attack on pearl harbor and destroyed the sub pens and fuel supplies they might have had enough time to muster enough strength to bring america to the bargaining table.
Although granted, after pearl harbor there's no way the american government could just peace out, it'd just be delaying the conflict to an even bloodier one after the german defeat, but it could possibly have been one that the japanese might have one.
>>
>>1787229
Why's one of our generals a cow?
>>
>>1788053
Admiral, dingus.
>>
File: 1d3.jpg (64KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
1d3.jpg
64KB, 600x560px
>>1787930
>one instead of won
I have no excuse, end me
>>
>>1787930
with out allying with germany and germay not declaring war on the USA. it would have just meant the war would be over sooner for japan.

It only took us 3.5 years from pearl harbor to stomp their face in. that was with us fighting the germans, supplying the british and russians.
>>
>>1788278
The US was already engaged in loan lease and the executive branch was trying to find a way to get in on the war against germany from the start. There was no doubt that they were going to attack the axis eventually. There was also no doubt that they were going to attack Japan eventually, which is why the attack on pearl harbor was orchestrated in the first place - the fact that American intervention in the Pacific was as inevitable as American intervention in Europe.
>>
>>1788321
yes, but no German declaration of war, means Japan gets priority.

we take japan sometime in 44 with out nuclear weapons.

targets in eastern germany get nuked in 45.
>>
>>1787449
Why?
>>
File: 1474141177602.png (703KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474141177602.png
703KB, 1600x900px
>>1789530
>>
>>1789803
What exactly is this supposed to represent?
>>
>>1789862
Number of carriers and aircraft of USA and Japan over the years
>>
>>1789862
It shows how many carriers the USN would have even if they lost all of their carriers at Midway and the IJN lost none.
>>
>>1788053
Its fucking hot!! fapfapfap
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.