[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a period of time where a country has succesfully stopped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1345921964618.jpg (185KB, 468x500px) Image search: [Google]
1345921964618.jpg
185KB, 468x500px
Is there a period of time where a country has succesfully stopped inflation?

Pic unrelated
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11KB, 501x504px
>>1786499
Definitely not Nazi Germany, goyim.
>>
Stopping inflation isn't a good thing so no.
>>
>>1786518
How? Having a set standard is often the most stable.
>>
>>1786499
why would you want to and the UK in the present day?
>>
>>1786539
Because having a set standard had usually turned out good.
>>
>>1786562
Posting this in a thread where nobody can name a single instance.

Where that is literally the purpose of the thread.

Literally why we're all here.
>>
How do you plan on having no inflation without deflation?
>>
>>1786499
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation
>>
>>1786593
I have one faggot. The first national bank that hamilton created in the us. Before that different states had their own currwncy so your new hampshire dollarydoos were dollarydobt in Massachusetts or else the mass vendor may offer you 1 massbuck for 5 nh coins. Regulating the dollar increased echange between the states
>>
>>1786815
But did it completely eliminate inflation at the time?
>>
>>1786499
What exactly do you mean?
A way to stop hyperinflation is to scrap your currency and go for a new one.
Hungary did it shortly after WW2 and Yugoslavia did it in the mid 90s because the war absolutely wrecked the currency.
>>
>>1787207
That is a good example. I did not know about the hungarian currency change.
>>
File: 1475303352338.jpg (100KB, 600x699px) Image search: [Google]
1475303352338.jpg
100KB, 600x699px
>>1786514
>tfw Nazi economy was propped up by mountain of gubermint expenditure

>tfw inflation still went up under Nazis

>tfw only time inflation was successfully stopped was half a decade before Nazis came to power and was by a coalition government under Stresemann
>>
>it's a community college dropout neckbeards discuss economics episode
>>
>>1786538

See

>>1786600

which is a bad thing for a long run. There's [[[some]]] reason for European Central Bank to aim for constant 2% inflation for example.

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/mopo/strategy/pricestab/html/index.en.html

Also, checking if I was banned for horsefucking video.
>>
>>1786538
the amount of material goods in the world increases. reduced scarcity reduces the value of existing ones and currency merely reflects this.

////// I do not have a formal education on anything related but this is how things appear to me
>>
>>1786499
why would a government want to stop inflation? Inflation increases their power of their populace
>>
He didn't stop it, but Paul Volcker is well known for slowing it down from ridiculous levels.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1136x640px
>>1786499
>>
>>1789708
That was the Fed BTFO the economy, quickly transferring wealth from the middle-class to the rich, and oil prices plummeting.
>>
>>1786499
>wanting to stop inflation
constant low-level inflation provides incentive for those with capital to loan it out to increase it, rather than let it stay in vaults where it will only lose value if there is inflation
>>
>>1786538
Having a currency deflate is a bad idea. Why would people spend money or invest if in 5 years they will be able to invest even more than today?

Economies need people to spend and invest to grow. Deflation would kill that and stall/shrink the economy. Look at Japan.
>>
>>1790220
Its good for the jews.
>>
>>1786499
France 1920s
>>
>>1786499
>Is there a period of time where a country has succesfully stopped inflation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Volcker#Chairman_of_the_Federal_Reserve
>>
i'd say pic is at least slightly related
>>1786499
>>
>>1790468
I know. I'm in favour of a new system without Jewish control.
>>
File: Master_of_mint.png (9KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Master_of_mint.png
9KB, 64x64px
Hire one of these guys.
>>
>>1786499
The early years of the US were plagued by huge amounts of inflation due to the states printing off more money in order to appease the poor farmers. This is one of the primary reasons why The Constitution states that only the Fed can print money. Hamilton's policies managed to get it under control, although I'm not exactly sure how.
>>
>>1786499
America at the start of The Great Depression.

Light inflation = good
Deflation of any sort = bad

Hyperinflation isn't good either, of course, but you always want a constant inflation, or there's no motivation to spend and invest.
>>
File: 1475694480196.jpg (169KB, 605x839px) Image search: [Google]
1475694480196.jpg
169KB, 605x839px
>>1792549
Im saying at this point, slight deflation in the US currency would be good, as inflation is getting a bit high. Either extreme is not good. Its a balance.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.