[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does /his/ think about the American South? Are the stereotypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 2.png (16KB, 566x365px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
16KB, 566x365px
So what does /his/ think about the American South?

Are the stereotypes of the south true? What happened to make it have so many problems?
>>
>>1785041
Not history.

Saged, reported and hidden.
>>
Only Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia are the true south. All other states have too much cultural contamination from other states to be considered truly southern.

t. southerner
>>
>>1785070
>the south doesn't have a history
>>
>>1785077
WE
>>
>>1785081
This isn't a southern history thread. It is talking about the south today which makes it not history and against the rules.
>>
>>1785092
>What happened to make it have so many problems?

>happened
past tense
>>
>>1785041

A lot of the stereotypes are true. There are a few oases of civilization but most of it is small poor as dirt towns. There are some parts of southern culture that I find endearing but a lot of the people just make me sick. I can't wait to leave it after I finish college.

t. guy from alabama
>>
>>1785108
Alabama and Mississippi are the worst states IMO.
>>
>>1785121
Yeah, it's kind of a meme here in Alabama to say "well at least we aren't Mississippi/Arkansas/Florida"
>>
I love girls with southern accents

Confederate flag is pretty cool

Also, it's the birthplace of blues and jazz.
>>
>>1785164
>I love girls with southern accents
no you don't. chicks in the south don't have that sexy accent you hear on tv.
>>
Texas is its own weird thing, sort of southern but also very much not.
>>
NCfag here

The sterotypes are true but mostly are exaggerated.

I've only seen an actually racist confederate flag wearing redneck once in the 10 years i've lived here.
>>
>>1785222
>10 years i've lived here.
>NCfag
You are not a true NCfag you are what we would call a transplant, go home faggot
>>
File: William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg (908KB, 2364x3000px) Image search: [Google]
William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg
908KB, 2364x3000px
Who disturbs my slumber?
>>
>>1785041

Starts with N and rhymes with triggers.
>>
>>1785494
FUCK OFF SHERMAN YOU CUNT
>>
>>1785494
>what happened to make the south suck
>post pic of Sherman

t. war of northern aggression
>>
>>1785510
>>>/highschool/
>>
>>1785515
Slavers a shit

t. War of treason in defense of slavery
>>
>>1785041

Southern society was built on crops that couldn't be eaten and run by Plantation owners who spent their time dressing themselves as wannabe lords and ladies of their neaveau fiefdoms instead of investing in any sort of sustainable industry or modernization.

Also, it was entirely propped up by slave labor, so once that was taken away from them the whole shitshow collapsed like a deck of cards and never recovered.
>>
reconstruction, Jim Crow, and >>1785543 for the most part. There is some historical debate as to whther or not it would have turned out better for the south if Abraham lincoln hadn't died
>>
>>1785517
its true though
>>
>>1785142
Arkansas sells shirts
"Arkansas is bad but thank god for Mississippi"
>>
>>1785171
yeah they do
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.