[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danci ng_Plague_of_1518 >ev

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images (43).jpg (51KB, 410x352px) Image search: [Google]
images (43).jpg
51KB, 410x352px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Plague_of_1518
>everyone randomly starts dancing to death
What the fuck happened, /his/?
>>
they got creative
>>
Ergotism
>>
St. Anthony's Fire
>>
it's probably bullshit
most historical accounts written before the 19th century are probably mostly bullshit
>>
>>1784985
>Historical documents, including "physician notes, cathedral sermons, local and regional chronicles, and even notes issued by the Strasbourg city council" are clear that the victims danced.[1] It is not known why these people danced, Most even to their deaths.
>>
>>1784940
As the dancing plague worsened, concerned nobles sought the advice of local physicians, who ruled out astrological and supernatural causes, instead announcing that the plague was a "natural disease" caused by "hot blood and restless feet". However, instead of prescribing bleeding, authorities encouraged more dancing, in part by opening two guildhalls and a grain market, and even constructing a wooden stage to hold a dance off
>>
Disco inferno.
>>
>>1784940
in times of intense stress and societal upheaval people do really weird shit. It wasn't really a plague, but a religious movement of sorts. sort of the Cult of Fuck-IT you see with a lot of people taken to the extreme. this happened a lot in the 1300s too, there were at least two similar movements that I cannot remember off the top of my head, but they were in response to catholicism sucking dick and people not having any food
>>
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche
>>
>>1785588
god, why does everything this guy say sound so fucking gay?
>>
>>1785601
God, why does everything you say sound so fucking gay?
>>
>>1785601
Nietzsche was the Linkin Park of the 19th century.
>>
>>1784940

GET DOWN
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.