[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's imagine an alternate world. Don't mind the logistics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Titanfall-Hackers-MP1st.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall-Hackers-MP1st.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Let's imagine an alternate world. Don't mind the logistics of it, just humour me for a second.

In this world all humans:
- Are completely rational
- Will always prioritize the well being of the human race over their own.
- All work under the same framework so all humans will reach the same conclusion if given the same information.

With all these conditions in place, could you construct a scenario in which a war between two groups of these humans is inevitable or possible?

You can make up or change anything you want as long as those rules aren't broken.
>>
>>1782050
>All work under the same framework so all humans will reach the same conclusion if given the same information.

what

And yes, feed them false or flawed information.
>>
>>1782050
Blacks are exterminated because they offer no logical benefits whatsoever.
>>
>>1782063
Try to make up an actual scenario. Be specific.

>>1782068
Ignoring the Stormfaggotry, anyone who's detrimental to society are still perfectly rational would either find a niche in which they can be helpful or just rid themselves. Not exactly a war.
>>
>>1782100

One group is fed information that another group is planning to start a global conflict. The information would have to be something of the effect of "Well, those guys believe this global conflict would be a form of population control, but I believe that it would escalate into global annihilation."

Tho maybe this would lead the first group of people to just not fight back...
>>
>>1782120
>Tho maybe this would lead the first group of people to just not fight back...
If they believe their own extermination would be detrimental to the human race, they would have to fight back.
>>
File: nazimike.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
nazimike.png
1MB, 441x603px
>>1782120

One group is fed information that another group is the "Other". The information would have to be something of the effect of "Well, those guys are all the bad things and none of the good things and probably want you destroyed..."

oohhhhh.....
>>
>>1782050
Two groups have different info and achieve different conclusions
>>
I'm not a linguistics expert and it's been a while since my intro level logic classes but I believe something like

majority A believes 0.9999-repeating != 1
minority B believes 0.9999-repeating = 1

could lead to conflict.
>>
>>1782285
>logic
>believes

barf.targa.7zip
>>
>>1782050
they will all kill themselves, as this is the most rational choice in the long run.

The sun is going to end one day, and all people will die. Or if they're somehow lucky, and manages to become super technological, the universe itself will end one day, and everything will become futile.

When the well being of the human race is prioritized, they have no qualms about killing themselves, to spare their descendants the futile existence near the end of the universe.

So yes, there will be a war, and they will gladly kill each other.
>>
>>1782050
Have them choose:
Ass or tits?
>>
Humans would probably act like cells. Doing specific tasks and altering their genes to be better at their specific niche. Would we even be conscious if we only acted out of logic?
>>
>>1782050
>prioritizing the human species over self-interest is "rational"
Why?

Also, yes, war is possible. It is not post-scarcity.
>We, state A, want this commodity
>We, state B, also want that commodity
Sheningans ensue.
>>
>>1783999
You are imposing your own judgement upon them under a guise of rationality.

What you have suggested is only rational if they think that:
1) the only thing that csn be meaningful is human progress
2) things must be eternal to be meaningful
3) human progress won't be eternal, and is therefore not meaningful
3) death is preferable to a life that lacks striving for meaningful things
4) children will suffer near the end of the universe
5) suffering of others is worse than my own death

Basically, you made a bunch of baseless assumptions about those hypothetical people without stating them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.