[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>muh 6 million dead >muh dictator are these the only arguments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

>muh 6 million dead
>muh dictator
are these the only arguments you can make against him?
>>
>muh six million

Where have I seen this before.
>>
>>1781693
purely coincidence
>>
>>1781693
read any criticism of napoleon and muh 6 million dead always comes up
>>
File: Best general in human history.jpg (1MB, 2400x2766px) Image search: [Google]
Best general in human history.jpg
1MB, 2400x2766px
He got his rectum ruined single-handedly by Wellington.
>>
>>1781772
BEADY
>>
File: 796.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
796.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1781772
>>
I can also argue that he was a bad commander in the end - taking on russia, without finishing off spain, and without a solid logistical prepration.
Nepotism was another of his faults.
And he reinstated slavery too.

But the two arguments you mention are quite valid (though I'm not sure of the exact number).
Most importantly, he left France gutted and wasted the best chance of the modern times to make europe great again.
>>
>>1781925
>to make europe great again
what a shitty end to your post

but yeah napoleon is pretty much the embodiment of "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it"
>>
>>1781671
>manlet
>literal cuck
gg no re
>>
>>1781948
there's literally nothing wrong with being a manlet or a cuckold
>>
>>1781671
Wellington fucked his sister
>>
>>1781941
>what a shitty end to your post
:(
>>
>>1781969
which one
>>
File: 1472983921762.jpg (42KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1472983921762.jpg
42KB, 541x498px
>>1781963
>>
>>1781985
All of them. At the same time.
>>
>>1781989
that's a perfidious anglo lie
>>
>>1781925
>make europe great again.
Europe is a meme, it's not real.
>>
>>1781925
>But the two arguments you mention are quite valid (though I'm not sure of the exact number).

The "millions of dead" one isnt, since Britain started the Napoleonic Wars
>>
>>1781671
Bonapartism is objectively the best ideology.
>>
>>1781969
Anglos committing incest aint anything new
Didnt know Wellington had a sister though
>>
>>1782016
HON HON

Witty
>>
>>1782008
I'm no anglo sympathizer, but napoleon's continental blocus idea was not such a good one and its enforcement is responsible for a lot of death.
>>
>>1782023
>but napoleon's continental blocus idea was not such a good one
It was a mere retaliation to British blockade

>and its enforcement is responsible for a lot of death.
The only war related to that blockade was the Invasion of Russia
Plenty of death had already occured before the Blocus because Britain, Austria and Prussia had attacked France for no good reason ("hurr a commoner is one the throne of a big european country, let's remove him before it gives our peasants ideas")
>>
>>1782023
>>1782102
>blocus
what
>>
>>1781772
>single-handedly
Implying
>>
The man, the Legend, Napoleon Bonaparte. Here he come's running trough your country looking to fuck bitches and wreck your armies left and right, and he just ran out of bitches to fuck
>>
>>1781671
>muh 6 million dead
oy vey
>>
>>1782638
>german glory hunting
Go away hans, I'm sure you have some victories without stealing ours.
>>
>>1782867
>25,000 Brits out of 118,000 Allied troops at Waterloo
>>
>>1782882
>Over 75,000 spectators to watch Wellington fist napoleon
>>
He lost, should just sided with Russian and cuck Britain from relevance.
>>
>muh 6 million dead
One billion at best, anon.
>>
He abandoned his army in the middle east.
Men that had fought for him and given him glorious victories. Fucking bastard. All he cared about was power.
>>
>>1783021
why else do you think he brought kleber along
>>
>>1782102
It was mere retaliation, but it was also mere retardation. The plan carried more costs than benefits. It hurt the british economy, but not that much, and it was guaranteed to start new wars.
I think Napoleon went that way as a matter of pride, because he didn't want to appear impotent in front of the british blockade, even though in this particular case doing nothing was a better solution.

The peninsular war was also related to it, and I'm pretty sure that the renewed military and diplomatic efforts of the brits had something to do with it. Napoleon also had to annex the Netherlands to make sure that his orders were followed.

>>1782623
That's the french word, sorry.
>>
>>1783491
>and it was guaranteed to start new wars.

Britain remaining undefeated also guaranteed to start new wars anyway
In case you didnt know, Britain started the Napoleonic Wars and had already funded 3 coalition wars by the time the Continental blockade was launched
Peace couldnt be reached until Britain was defeated, and since Napoleon couldnt invade them because of his shitty navy, the continental system was the only alternative
>>
>>1783552
I did know.
But the continental blockade couldn't defeat Britain, so that was no alternative at all.

He should have put all that money into rebuilding a better navy and trying again.
Or he could have done nothing at all but just throw the brits back in the sea the next time they tried, as usual.
>>
File: 322.jpg (57KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
322.jpg
57KB, 680x1024px
>>1782023
now that you speak about it, that might have been the cause of napoleon's ultimate downfall.

he forced most nations to pick sides by creating a black or white policy where you were either with him (by accepting the blockade) or a mortal enemy of france (by trading with england) - and don't forget him legend started to crack because the (reserves) of la grande armée lost in portugal which led was caused france to lose the iberian peninsula and finally the in russia - both attacked because of his ultimatum: portugal because they didn't accept it and russia because they kept on with their trading behind napoleon's back even after saying they weren't going to do it.
>>
>>1781671
Napoleon was the man. If he won, Europe would have united and formed a nation-culture-people-state-race. Things could have been so much easier.
>>
File: 1438104772989.png (89KB, 406x406px) Image search: [Google]
1438104772989.png
89KB, 406x406px
>>1781698
>>
>>1781671
What the fuck?! Napoleon was a DICTATOR EMPEROR who DRESSED LIKE THAT?!

That changes everything, I thought Napoleon was just a general who did a lot of cool stuff.
>>
>>1785154
>If he won, Europe would have united and formed a nation-culture-people-state-race
Are you American? Where the fuck did you even get this shit from? AP Euro was just about one of the worst classes I ever took, but we never went that bad
>>
>>1783770
To be fair, the U.K. did the same thing by forcing people nations to pick a side. If you had a coastline and were neutral, you had better not be trading with France
>>
Napoleon was largely the architect of his own demise.

And this happens ALL THE TIME with people who try to defeat the UK. It's so strange, it's like God himself is favoring Britain.
>>
>>1785258
If God truly favored the British people, he wouldn't have made them British
>>
>>1782016
>dem France bantz

noice
>>
>>1785298
I guess they're in luck, he's making them Pakistani.
>>
>>1785205
It's just a ceremonial thing. Napoopan preferred his military uniform (with a hat or something to distinguish him from other generals)
>>
>>1785258

Gave us the Channel for a reason lad.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.