[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we even guarantee that God will grant you a place in Heaven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

How do we even guarantee that God will grant you a place in Heaven even if you pick the right religion and are faithful? Because he said so? Why would he have to fulfill any promise made with insects like us?
>>
dude faith lmao
>>
>>1780751
faith dumbass

its in the fucking book you didnt read
>>
religion isn't important as you think

and if there is equal legitimacy in multiple religions there there must be equal legitimacy multiple gods
so you don't have to worry which
>>
>>1780755
>>1780810
>le just have le faith
Seems like a big risk if that's the best assurance you've got that you won't be suffering in hell for all eternity.
>>
>>1780838
>he believes in hell
take your catholic dogma elsewhere
>>
>>1780842
>he doesn't have hell
Literally Jew.
>>
I don't really understand the whole "faith" concept, that if you just believe and do nothing else then you go to Heaven. But it seems to me that from reading the Bible, God is collecting souls like a man collects precious gems. But God's standard is not so much how "good" you are (because really all humans are trash) but rather how genuine and humble a man is. It's not so much that God has made a promise that he has to keep with us insects, but that he desires to have the best human beings. If it was completely unattainable then God would not have sent all the prophets and even Jesus Christ his own son to teach us.

>Luke 18:9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

>“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

>“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
>>
>>1780751
You literally can't guarantee anything.

learn 2 probability
>>
>>1780896
you are guaranteed to die, faggot
>>
What makes humanity so sure that afterlife is places in heaven or pits in hell?

Because they believed it for so long? Was it because people had it repeated to them for numerous generations?
>>
Where are the christfags to defend this shit?

Also, how long until being religious is like right now unironically talking about being Wiccan?
>>
>>1780751
Why should anyone need a guarantee? I don't need to be guaranteed the people at a nearby restaurant didn't piss in the soup,
>>
I know of Yahweh. He's a sinner just like you are. Deify yourself when it is time to go. Nothing happens. Yahweh wants us to believe in cake, but something's a bit off. Cake doesn't need to be gone for us to want more. Infinite cake, far as the brain could conceive. It's all bullshit. What is there to speak of, when God doesn't care? Nothing, that's what. I know of God because I'm narcissistic. I know Yahweh because I'm nice.
>>
>>1780856

Orthodox don't really have Hell in the same sense as Catholics or most Protestants either.
>>
>>1780751
Read and study the Bible and all your questions will be answered
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.