[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever a nation in history more backstabbing and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

File: meme1.png (902KB, 867x667px) Image search: [Google]
meme1.png
902KB, 867x667px
Was there ever a nation in history more backstabbing and jewish than Venice?
>>
Well israel comes to mind
>>
Kingdom of Israel
Kingdom of Judah
Roman Province of Judea
Khazar Empire
Soviet Union
Israel
>>
>>1778221
A very great many. Venice being backstabby is as much of a meme as France being bad at war.
>>
File: 1475608354090.png (29KB, 306x563px) Image search: [Google]
1475608354090.png
29KB, 306x563px
>>1778236
>>
>>1778235
They never backstabbed anyone, to be honest.
>>
>>1778249
>>1778243
>>
>>1778249
et tu judas
>>
>>1778250
I mean, Kingdom of Israel and other from anon list. Venetians are known traitors.
>>
>>1778243
Have you ever actually bothered to read up on that war? They switched sides once, after being threatened with invasion if they didn't yield half their territory to the HRE for no good reason whatsoever.
>>
>>1778249
>((()))
>>
>>1778221
Venice should have been sacked and burned to the ground and be replaced with a little Bavarian fishing village.
>>
>>1778273
sloveno-friulian*
>>
Neverforget the time Venetian (((merchants))) met the mongol horde for the first time

"Here, take our maps for the area for free, no need for gold coins just destroy our rivals trading posts.
Have a nice day"
>>
>>1778249
t. Jew
>>
Shakespeare's character the merchant of Venice both Venician AND Jew. That's like the super sayan of Jews.
>>
>>1778221
The Uk?
>>
>>1778235
Who did the Soviet union backstab? Except Poland in 1939?
I mean, their intentions for Eastern Europe were pretty clear at Yalta.
They respected the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, and Stalin was devastated when operation Barbarossa happened.
They did fuck over Makhno, but come on...
>>
>>1778243
Fighting for survival by any means is necessary when the whole of Europe decides it wants your ducats
>>
>>1778221
Albion
>>
>>1778473
>the whole of Europe decides it wants your ducats
They actually wanted northern Italy.
>>
>>1778310
But Shylock did nothing wrong.
>>
>>1778221

literally back stabbed everyone
>>
>>1778221
>he fell for the "Venice are jewish backstabbers" meme
Literally French propaganda.
>>
File: perfidious island jews.png (98KB, 824x705px) Image search: [Google]
perfidious island jews.png
98KB, 824x705px
>>1778221
Britain
>>
>>1778543
>French
Why even? France had a decent relationship with Venice.
This is just a 4chan meme spawned by byzaboos and muh united christendom /pol/tards.
>>
id imagine you can list almost any medieval country or any modern country. the older it is the longer the list of buttfuckery, jewery and backstabbery is.

>i believe that countries can reach extreme heights of power without backstabbing everyone around them

>>1778579
theyre believing holy roman lies
>>
>>1778579
Because Napoleon ended the Venetian Republic and there needed to be moral justification for wresting independence from a historically self-determinating people and ending one of the oldest and most stable political strucutres in Europe.
I beleive the Black historiography of Venice begins around the 1820s by someone that was high up in Napoleon's regime, who's name I can't remember.
>>
File: Flag_of_the_Vatican_City.svg.png (283KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Vatican_City.svg.png
283KB, 2000x2000px
The Papal States
>>
>>1778628
dont forget to include the catholic monarchs that also saw in fucking over the entire continents pouplation :)
>>
>>1778635
Or that cardinal that funded Proddies and Mudslims wherever he could.
>>
>>1778635
>>1778628
>>1778645

around catholics

______ _______
>>
File: 1473373078899.jpg (595KB, 960x2936px) Image search: [Google]
1473373078899.jpg
595KB, 960x2936px
the eternal austrian
>>
>>1778664
i mean i wont just leave it to catholics. I will argue that any old rulers did just as bad as the catholics did, regardless of religion. its just that Papal States was brought up so ill mention it.
>>
File: march of tyranny.jpg (193KB, 848x716px) Image search: [Google]
march of tyranny.jpg
193KB, 848x716px
>>1778221
>using the old version of the meme
>>
>>1778670
Papal states get extra points for doing it while claiming to be the vicar of Christ.
>>
>>1778666
This
>>
>>1778676
It really was more about trade than banking tho.
>>
>>1778676
Dude I made that fucking meme. on /vg/gsg/ a few months back

Thanks for the updated one I guess
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (207KB, 1577x943px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
207KB, 1577x943px
>>1778685
I was bored so I made it slightly better looking

>>1778685
how can I make it more /his/torical?
>>
>>1778703
oh you made it just now?

anyway when I made it originally I think the flag was better than the jew, and put back global elite bankers instead of venetians. Maybe put the nose and/or mouth on top of the flag though.
>>
>>1778624
ah now I remember. It was L'histoire des Républiques de Venise by Pierre Daru. The guy never set foot in Venice and constructed his work entirely from French secondary sources, which had always interpreted Venice more in its Anti-myth aspect (contrasted to England's sympathetic perfect Amalgam historiography). These volumes were insanely popular and became the most influential historical works on Venice for the 19th century, coloring La Serenissima as corrupt and evil in the popular non-academic mind
>>
>>1778243
Didn't pretty much every European state at that time switch allies like people switch sex partners these days?
>>
>>1778676
I don't get the Venetian debt one.
>>
File: dank.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>1778749
>le no history before 1836 poster
>>
>>1778243
>Papal states switch side
>HRE and Spain switch sides
>Venice decides to at the end switch side
>>
>>1778243
Just fucking post it already
>>
>>1778749
After 1204, Constantinople basically was always in severe debt to Venice. At one point they even had to pawn the Crown Jewels to Venice; this lead to them using glass reproductions for coronations for at least half a century.
>>
>>1778755
Let me guess, it's about the illogical promises of the Byzantine pretender for the crusaders?
>>
>>1778762
post what
>>
>>1778749
There's nothing to get. Venice and the ERE had trade rights issues (also pogroming thousands of citizens, impounding their property, and allying with your old ally's enemies, but mostly trade). The debt was between Venice and the crusaders, and the emperor offered to pay up if he was helped to take back the throne. Only the greeks killed him right between the capitulation of the city and the payment of the debts, the morons, causing the city to be sacked by the outraged and backstabbed latins.
>>
File: march of tyranny 2.jpg (190KB, 848x716px) Image search: [Google]
march of tyranny 2.jpg
190KB, 848x716px
>>1778714
for you

>>1778718
I can't speak for Pierre Daru, but from the 1840s at the earliest French, and Western European historians in general, held a pretty romanticised view of the Fourth Crusade. Joseph François Michaud, for example, gloated ‘the soldiers of the emperor could not stand against the appearance of a single Frank horseman’ and called the crusaders ‘brave’ and ‘intrepid’.

It wasn't really until empricist theory emerged that historians began capitalising on the period's nationalism to exonerate their ethnic groups and blame other countries. Examples among French historians include Count Paul Riant blamed Frederick II and Achille Luchaire blamed Innocent II. The 'Venetian perfidy' theory didn't really enter prominence until Count Louis de Mas Latrie ‘discovered’ a Venetian-Muslim treaty of co-operation (which later turned out to be bullshit) and used this to promote the theory that Franks were unaccountable for blame.
>>
>>1778781
Daru didn't write much off-standard about the fourth crusade as far as I know, which up until you mentioned had always been viewed favorably by European historiography. Daru wrote more on the polity of Venice and its people, especially with concern to the Early Modern Period. I wouldn't be surprised if Daru's characterization aided in the development of the Venetian Perfidy theory though
Really, French historiography regarding Venice was almost as bad's as England's regarding Spain.
>>
>>1778774
>pogroming thousands of citizens, impounding their property, and allying with your old ally's enemies
I know you're talking aboit the massacre of the latins but that sounds a lot of what the Venetian crusade was about

>Only the greeks killed him right between the capitulation of the city and the payment of the debts,
Well to be fair, they didn't ask for the crusaders to "help" them in the first place so of course they would not feel indebted to the crusaders.
>>
>>1778666
The German constitution has a clause preventing Austrians from ever joining Germany
>>
>>1778827
That's weird, I don't remember Venice murdering thousands of civilian citizens of an allied nation during the 4th crusade, or allying with any avowed enemies ofthe ERE to the declared purpose of destroying its mercantile influence.
I remember Venice hiring an army of mercs to go sack cities it was already at war with, like it was common and fair at the time.
>Well to be fair, they didn't ask for the crusaders to "help" them in the first place so of course they would not feel indebted to the crusaders.
Missing the point. You've surrendered to your enemy, just to murder their "leader" (or employer). It's a pretty obvious and blatant breach of truce.
>>
>>1778572
dont forget "let's promise the jews AND palestinians the same clay if they help us(and they possibly wanted to backstab both of them and split it with France)"
>>
England
>>
>>1778854
ERE and Venice were allies? Since fucking when? Sure they had them payed for Venice to maintain their navy but they were never fully-fledged allies; that's the reason why they also invited other Latins to compete against the Venetians, to reduce their influence.
>I remember Venice hiring an army of mercs to go sack cities it was already at war with, like it was common and fair at the time.
You mean that time when the Venetians got extremely butthurt that the Byzantines decided to reduce their trade priviledges that they went on to sack Greek towns? Sounds a lot like Venetian kikery.
>>
>>1778935
>Venetians got extremely butthurt that the Byzantines decided to reduce their trade priviledges

Mind, those trade privileges were granted as a reward for the vital Venetian defense of imperial territory from the Normans, while the rest of Italy was twiddling their thumbs if not outright helping the Normans. Taking those privileges away was basically spitting in face of Venice and the all the Venetians that died to help defend the empire.
>>
>>1778935
>The guys we rely upon for naval protection aren't our allies!!1
Dude.
>You mean that time when the Venetians got extremely butthurt that the Byzantines decided to reduce their trade priviledges that they went on to sack Greek towns? Sounds a lot like Venetian kikery.
I was actually referring to the crusaders sacking Zara, but w/e.Also what the byzantines did was unilaterally break an international treaty, so the venetians opted for some good old gunboat (kek, war galley?) diplomacy. Such kikes indeed, they should just have let the greeks walk all over them unpunished.
>>
>>1778228
thread should've ended here cause fpbp
>>
Didn't the kike latins have constant gang wars in Constantinople? Niggers of the white race.
>>
File: 1472628986651.png (294KB, 365x427px) Image search: [Google]
1472628986651.png
294KB, 365x427px
Was there ever a time when Greece was not in debt?
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 281x179px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 281x179px
>>1778221
>No eternal Anglo
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.