[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please describe for me your idea of God and any relevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 176x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 176x224px
Please describe for me your idea of God and any relevant spiritual experiences.
>>
Plato, Aristotle and Aquinas have such a good conception of God that after reading them I can no longer have my own original idea of God with no outside influence, and I don't believe I could have a better idea than them.

My "spiritual" experiences consist of having visual hallucinations, sleep paralysis and calling the name of Jesus to make them stop.
>>
>>1778092
>My "spiritual" experiences consist of having visual hallucinations, sleep paralysis and calling the name of Jesus to make them stop.
Next time, ride them out and see where it takes you. They can't physically harm you, and you might see something neat.
>>
God consists of a male and female part and it creates through sexual energy.
>>
File: tim currini.jpg (18KB, 330x385px) Image search: [Google]
tim currini.jpg
18KB, 330x385px
>helped the jews at first by killing/cursing their enemies and make a path for their success
>then he sent his son to help the oppressors of the jews to find enlightenment and create a religion around him to conquer in his name
>then he later sends an angel to tell a arab out in the desert to form a religion around him to conquer in his name while disregarding the other already existing ones
He sounds like a tricky individual.
>>
>>1778092
the """god""" of Philosophers is NOT God of the Bible, he is an articial deity created by restless minds
remember, Mark and Luke not Descartes and Plato
praise Jesus
>>
>>1777978
A beautiful one. The initial entity, on a never ending quest to calculate and record all possible information through an uncountable amount of universes worth of experiences. We, and everyone else in the universe, are him as we live and become him again when we die.
Our existence is necessary for this goal, as there are certain things that only beings like us would have any use studying or creating. Since God will be experiencing every single event in the universe including the states of any being living in that universe, he is perfectly empathetic, and since he feels exactly how much suffering the entities he creates feels, he has built in systems into this universe to alleviate that suffering. The systems put in place, of course, encourages beings in that universe to pursue its goals, ours seemingly being cooperation, understanding, and technological progress. The farther beings progress down these paths, the closer to God they become.
This is all subject to change as I learn more, but that is the state of my belief right now.

I'm 24, born a Christian Protestant, became an atheist at 15 and remained one, vehemently tipping my fedora, until the beginning of this year when God revealed himself to in the remarkably subtle ways that I always heard about, but had never experienced first hand. I would try to describe them to you but I think it would do you about as much good as it would have done me before my conversion, none. I will say that it culminated in an horrendously unlikely chain of events preventing me from making what could have been the worst mistake of my life.
>>
>>1778183
I oddly subscribe to a notion of theistic syncretism with Christianity as the base, but considering other monotheistic religions to also be God's work. Zoroastrianism, and especially dacian Zalmoxism I find to be particularly part of this. Islam on the other hand is the work of the devil.

Considering the compatibility between greek philosophy and christian theology, especially orthodox theology, I would, therefore, personally disagree with you.
>>
“But if I go to the east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him. But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

“But he stands alone, and who can oppose him? He does whatever he pleases. He carries out his decree against me, and many such plans he still has in store. That is why I am terrified before him; when I think of all this, I fear him. God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me. Yet I am not silenced by the darkness, by the thick darkness that covers my face.
>>
File: act of raiding.png (1MB, 676x1117px) Image search: [Google]
act of raiding.png
1MB, 676x1117px
I know I've come in contact with "it" but don't (at this moment in time) remember what "it" was (or rather, is).
Pic related is a tl;dr version of a spiritual experience I've had, though maybe it was more of a general realization presented to me in spiritual symbolism while I was in a deeper meditative state.
>>
He who watches over us and judges us for our thoughts and actions.
>>
He is beyond any mortal comprehension.
Any description Man invents for the Almighty would be as a grain of sand is to all existence.
Perhaps the Abrahamic God is the one and only, or perhaps all religious notions of God/s that have ever existed are simply manifestations of one higher power. Impossible to know.
The only thing I'm sure of is that He watches over us, and passes judgement on our actions.
I believe the only way to be given Eternal life is to leave behind a better world than you inherited
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.