[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It saddens me that most of the people claiming to be Rastafarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: haile-selassie2.jpg (55KB, 400x495px) Image search: [Google]
haile-selassie2.jpg
55KB, 400x495px
It saddens me that most of the people claiming to be Rastafarian do not even know who Haile Selassie is, or on where Ethiopia is located. By the way I am an agnostic but things such as faith and religion piques my interest.
>>
>>1775885
Rastafarianism is just an excuse to smoke weed without looking like bums (it doesn't work).
>>
File: sadhu.jpg (26KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
sadhu.jpg
26KB, 260x400px
Most people who are Rastafaris don't know they stole their culture from Indian Sadhus. Indians were shipped all around the world, including Jamaica. They brought cannabis from that grew from the ganges. Hence, ganja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkoVVr0mMyM

Rastafari is a combination of Judaism and Hinduism.
>>
>>1775980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UftuJpTLLw
>>
I miss Haile Selassie. Fuck commies.
>>
>>1776027
Why do they talk so lyrically? Like with their rhyme? Is it a Jamaican thing, or Rasta?
>>
>>1776042
No one really knows why Jamaicans always sound retarded.
>>
File: feelsgoodmon.png (37KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodmon.png
37KB, 330x357px
>>1776042
We speak in poetry. Our language is poetic.
>>
What is it about a specific Ethiopian monarch that deserves the veneration/worship of an entire religion?
>>
>>1776036
>commies

Ethiopia is literally the China of Africa
>>
>>1775885
shouldn't his family be the monarchy of Israel
>>
>>1776027
I love the Jamaican way of speaking so much
>>
>>1775885
most christians couldn´t point Cafernaum or the Decapolis on a map either
>>
>>1776068
Rastas took Marcus Garvey statement of a black king to be crowned in Africa as prophecy.
But mostly the recognition and sense of pride about an african judeo/christian civilization they can relate more than the western one
>>
>>1777158
it didnt help that he never really denied it either

he loved the attention
>>
>>1776018
that's actually pretty interesting, thanks anon
>>
>>1777158
This is accurate. Rastafarianism actually has a very interesting history behind it.

I think the weird thing about Rastafarianism is how many white people say they're Rastas and are completely oblivious about it being a religion that is fundamentally founded on black nationalism. It's also not very popular, even in Jamaica. It seems like most people have impression that most Jamaicas are Rastas, but that's really not true. It's a minority religion, and Rastas are usually seen as dirty bums by locals, who don't want to be associated with them.
>>
>>1777167
you got it wrong, he said in front of them that he wasn´t of divine nature when he visited Jamaica, and he sent an ethiopian bishop to establish an orthodox church there.
He saw that those poor jamaicans were mistaken in worshipping his person but the reverence for ethiopian culture and history was a good thing
>>
>>1775885
>he knows Rastafarians
Stop smoking pot and get a real job, you fucking stoner.
>>
>>1776027
I can understand 30% of what he is saying.
>>
>>1776018
They also brought curry to the island. Growing up eating curry chicken and goat makes this a big deal for me.

>>1776042
I'm not really sure. We have that in common with the Irish.

>>1776055
Ayy
>>
>>1775885
pretty sure the Solomonic Dynasty were one of the few African families to actually have the 'we wuz kangz' excuse
>>
>>1775885

It saddens me that people revere this man
>>
>be christian despot of a backwards state
>get colonized
>go talk to the UN about it
>your speech gets your picture in newspapers
>before you know it some americans worship you as a messiah
>long after your own people throw you out for incompetence and you die, said americans say you are an immortal demigod

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>1781061
Niggers.
>>
>>1776027
>rastas genuinely believe King Solomon smoked weed

KEK
>>
>>1775885
>It saddens me that most of the people claiming to be Rastafarian do not even know who Haile Selassie is, or on where Ethiopia is located. By the way I am an agnostic but things such as faith and religion piques my interest.
That's bullshit though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.