[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Grow up in swamp and gumbo land, USA >Everyone here is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: sack of constantionople.jpg (202KB, 735x735px) Image search: [Google]
sack of constantionople.jpg
202KB, 735x735px
>Grow up in swamp and gumbo land, USA
>Everyone here is an inbred hillbilly sans a few people
>Fucking hate school and the shitty theme park version of history they give me
>Try to study history independently on the side
>End up doing poorly in school because the factual information I have conflicts with test answers (ie, "The Aztecs thought the Spaniards were gods" is taught as fact in elementary school but even then I knew it was BS)
>High School Senior year
>Double up and take AP European and AP American history
>Hope to fucking god it's not whitewashed
>First day of AP American History the teacher has us watch The Patriot
>It hasn't gotten better in either class

Fuck me, why do they make history a required course if they're not even gonna teach it right?
>>
Just tough it out till college
>>
>>1774847
Does it get better in college?

God I hope so.
>>
I know how you feel Im from louisiana(we also watched the patriot in 8th grade history lol) nobody here knows shit about history except "the war of northern aggression"
>>
>>1774850
Shit man, where do you live?

I live in shreveport so I'm usually better off than the southern statesmen are, but a lot of people here are still hillbillies.
>>
>>1774850
I'm pretty sure that people don't actually refer to it as that.
>>
>>1774855
Do you live in Louisiana mate?

I think anon and I would be the ones with more knowledge on what people say here.
>>
>>1774859

Maybe if you live in the boonies (i.e. everywhere not New Orleans). I honestly don't have any experience with Northern Louisiana outside of Duck Dynasty though so its believable if you live there I guess. Or Southwestern Louisiana, especially west of Lafayette.
>>
>>1774910
>Literally nobody hears about Shreveport aside from Duck Dynasty and that one mention of it in Princess and the Frog
>>
>>1774779
Really? They made you watch the Patriot?
>>
>>1774937
Yes.

Good film? Yeah.

Historically sound? No way.
>>
>>1774941
I mean in Texas its whitewashed too especially in elementary but not to the point where they made us watch the Patriot
>>
>>1774950
You guys devote a lot of time to the Alamo, right?
>>
>>1774978
If you live in San Antonio. My cousins in Houston said they talk more about San Jancinto.
At least my History teacher said that Texans joining the confederacy was a mistake.
>>
>>1774950
Mississippi here, we weren't forced to but the teacher had the substitute put on The Patriot one day when she was out.
>>
>>1774993
Ah ok. I had very brief 1st grade education in Austin at one point, they just taught me that the Texas state bird is the Mockingbird to the tune of "The muffin man"
>>
>>1774978
When I was in the Texas public school system we cycled through State, US, and World history through the grades. So 4th State, 5th US, 6th World, 7th State, 8th US, 9th World, etc.
Every US year I saw the patriot, every State year we watched some alamo movies.
>>
is this a literal underage high school thread

holy shit
>>
>>1774779
Fuck of nigger Louisiana is the shit
Now fait dodo petit gars you need to be 18 to post here
>>
File: 1447971044006.png (221KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1447971044006.png
221KB, 327x316px
>>1774779
>American education
>>
>>1776185
Weird, my classes never watched the Patriot.
I remember watching the Alamo three times once in elementary, another in Middle School and finally the last in highschool.
>>
>>1774779
>tfw got a 5 on my AP US Gov test for commending Trudeau's nonsensensical choices for cabinet
those classes are frickin' crazy man
>>
>>1774849
>Does it get better in college?
It depends, do you consider hearing why Hitler needed to check his privilege history?
>>
File: 1419290160043.jpg (20KB, 472x460px) Image search: [Google]
1419290160043.jpg
20KB, 472x460px
>grow up in southeast PA
>have to take history almost every year
>every year starts with how we genocided the native americans
>then the revolution and how we fought off the brits
>then the early 1900s and how poorly we treated the immigrants
>then ww2 and how we saved all of europe and asia all by ourselves
>then the 60s and how poorly we treated niggers
no war of 1812, no civil war, very little ww1, no great depression,no korea , no vietnam, so many lies and half truths

why do they do this?
>>
>>1774779
At least it isn't Canadian "history" class.
>dude the first peoples lmao
>dude colonialism is bad lmao
>dude indians n shit fur trade beaver trade french people lmao
>louis riel dindu nuffin
>shieeet remember that one time we (the british) burned down the white house?
>WW1, the brits were meanies and killed us all
>workers strikes and rights (1 page at best)
>WW2 never forget the six trillion, now lets have scholastic shill their mandatory shoah-lit (three+ chapters)
And then the Cold War (Vietnam gets a paragraph) and dude peacekeeping lmao memes.
>>
>>1779051
Education in the humanities was never about making kids knowledgeable like math and science, but teaching them to be part of society. You may not have learned a lot of important things, but you learned what you did in the same way someone else in southeast PA did and so can easily get along with him. Unless he's black, in which case he probably had a poor education in that he never learned these things the way you did so you can't relate as easily.
>>
File: 2d niqqas got no chill.jpg (58KB, 639x296px) Image search: [Google]
2d niqqas got no chill.jpg
58KB, 639x296px
At least you don't have to take Texas history.
>>
>>1779088

This hurts so bad.

You left out the "let's spend 6 months of every year discussing the fur trade because talking about BTFOing the natives won't go over well and isn't Quebecois enough".

Fuck this country.
>>
>>1774779
Where'd you go to school, OP?

I also live in LA.
>>
>>1779164
Pretty much.

Americans like to bitch, but at least they've got interesting things to bitch about.

We literally only have our poor treatment of indians, WW1 and the snoozefest of post-WW2 Canada.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.