[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine a hypothetical drug that provides intense pleasure to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Imagine a hypothetical drug that provides intense pleasure to the person using the drug and causes no negative side effects. This drug is very easy to create. Should a government ban this hypothetical drug? Why or why not?
>>
>causes no negative side effects

I find that highly doubtful
>>
Anything intense has drawbacks.
>>
>>1773431
This is a hypothetical drug
>>
>>1773435
such as?
>>
>>1773438

Then discussing it is completely pointless
>>
Your pretty much describing soma from Brave New World. And as I recall it's usage becomes abused in binges or "holidays" to placate the human will and keep everyone "civilized". Not sure how such a drug would affect society if not condemned or endorsed by the government
>>
>>1773444
The definition of intense is something out of norm. While human body can sustain short period of intense things, anything more would do harm to the body, either permanently or short term.

If you need an example, look at things we normally do and then intensify those. Breathing air, sleeping, talking, thinking, looking, etc. Intensify any of these and you get either perma death or injuries or other negative effects.
>>
People will just stay home being drugged and happy and society would collapse. So yeah, government will ban or regulate it heavily.
>>
>>1773425
I think an inevitable side effect would be addiction...

I mean, unless this drug somehow caused an aversion to its use, despite bringing intense pleasure.

Folks are likely to decide they don't like the idea of chemically produced pleasure, and thus ban the drug in any case.

We don't really ban drugs based on how dangerous they are, but on how much they take you out of the game. The ability to get intense pleasure from a pill would be a social problem, thus it'd be deemed illegal.

Mind ye, this wouldn't have been the case a century or so ago, but that's the current political scape.
>>
>>1773425
Why not surgically implant a device in the brain of all citizens at birth which will release the drug in response to beneficial, obedient behavior?

I could see all social problems evaporate very quickly with such a program.
>>
>>1773505
Society would become dead and stagnant. Most of the society's understanding of tech/philosophy/religion are built up by people who disobeyed te society's norms. If no one can do that, then the society collapses upon stagnation
>>
>>1773514
Society doesn't collapse from stagnation, it collapses from chaos
>>
>>1773488
>People will just stay home being drugged and happy

Some people would, sure. Just like some people do nothing but smoke weed and masturbate all day. But most people are not satisfied doing nothing, even with pleasure.
>>
>>1773638
Satisfaction gives people pleasure. If the pleasure is intense, it would override need to seek other pleasure. This is what the drug would do. Replace other forms of pleasure.
>>
>>1773646

I think that's an inaccurate model of human motivation.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.