[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> be literally who inbred pharaoh > do nothing of importance,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 65240-the-golden-mask-original.jpg (923KB, 2025x2700px) Image search: [Google]
65240-the-golden-mask-original.jpg
923KB, 2025x2700px
> be literally who inbred pharaoh
> do nothing of importance, die fast
> your rule was irrelevant as fuck
> let's fast forward 3000 years
> I am one of the most famous men ever lived
Is there ever anyone in history of everything who deserved their fame less than King Tut? The one other person who comes to mind is:
> draw some shitty maps or something
> two fucking continents named after you
But even Amerigo did something more than just full into such obscurity that even burglars forgot steal gold from your grave.
>>
>>1770740
>inbred pharoah?
Isn't that most of them?
>>
>>1770747
t. Sumerian
>>
His famous because he is a unique pharaoh not because he was a good one. If he wasn't a child nobody would care about him
>>
>>1770740
What? King Tut's reign is very interesting. He was the Pharaoh who ended Akhenaten's monotheistic cult and moved the capital back to Thebes, although this probably happened with him as his advisers' puppet
>>
We actually know stuff about hin which makes him interesting most pharohs that existed we know nothing about.
>>
what continents?
>>
>>1770894
Try to guess.
>>
>>1770898
in what way does "america" relate to Tutankhamun?
>>
>>1770906

read the last four lines of the op
>>
>>1770740
He's more famous for his immense wealth and the treasure buried with him than anything else.
>>
>>1770740
Except Amerigo was a "scientist" who thanks to his vast knowledge about plants and animals found out that America is actually not India. He truly "discovered" it.
>>
File: Aten.jpg (115KB, 470x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aten.jpg
115KB, 470x300px
>>1770906
You mean Tutankhaten.
>>
>>1770906
his real name was Tutankhamerican
>>
>>1770906
bait

no one is this stupid
>>
>>1771010
This normal people know him or at least his name because of his famous mask. I know I did when I saw it in some childrens book.
>>
>>1771010

This. If the average person knows about him at all, it's because his death mask is the most famous archaeological discovery ever, and not because of anything he did during his life.
>>
>>1771128

Hivemind!
>>
>>1771131
Most people don't know anything about any Pharaohs besides the pyramids and attaching the Exodus story to Ramses II. Tutankhamen (or his handlers) held back the rise of monotheism for close to a millennium
>>
What was so great about England's King Henry VIII? Other than for his six wives, why should we remember him?
>>
>>1771150
> egypt
> monotheism
Wait... Isn't Akhenaten just a black name for Moses?
>>
>>1771154

Nothing really, other than him being very well recorded and having a multitude of human, relatable flaws.
>>
>>1771157
Akhenaten was the pharaoh that made it his policy to exclusively worship Aten over all of the other gods. His reign is also notable in that the artistic depictions of him and his family broke convention in an extreme way for the first time in Egyptian history.
>>
>>1771157
I want Akhenaten to rape my wife as Aten the sun disk watches overhead approvingly
>>
File: IMG_2176.jpg (37KB, 201x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2176.jpg
37KB, 201x500px
>>1771157
Weird looking fucker.
>>
>>1771010
Makes me wonder what was the treasure of Egypt's greatest kings if a child had all this
>>
>>1771190
that's not how he actually looked, it's more to do with deviating from the standard, formalized depictions that is typical of Egyptian art. He's also the only Pharaoh to depict himself playing with his children
>>
>>1771208
He wasn't truly a child since he died when he was 19, which was manhood back then. Still very young, but he did "rule" for ten years.
>>
File: Akhenaton-e-Nefertiti.jpg (589KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Akhenaton-e-Nefertiti.jpg
589KB, 1600x1200px
>>1771210
>children
they were aliens dummy
>>
File: Nefertiti.jpg (37KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nefertiti.jpg
37KB, 450x600px
>>1771226
They could make normal looking depictions when they wanted to
>>
File: IMG_2177.png (421KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2177.png
421KB, 600x300px
>>1771226
>mfw the Aten is an alien ship.
>>
>>1771242
I can't wait for the next heaven's gate cult to think the Sun is going to beam them up during the next Solar maximum
>>
i didn't know barack obama and tilda swinton were married to each other
>>
>>1770906
If we had flags you'd be British
>>
The discovery of Tutankhamen's burial tomb was one of, if not the greatest archaeological find in history. That's why he's famous.
>>
>>1771154
His decision go protestant and take his whole country with him just so he could get a divorce is pretty significant. Definitely a larger than life figure.
>>
>>1771242
>Aten is not a malfunctioning gaia engine.
Plz go.
>>
>>1770740
Because he didn't get graverobbed?
>>
>>1771190
he most likely didn't actually look like that and was trying to depict himself in an androgynous way to increase the connection between him and the aten which he described as both the father and mother of the universe
>>
>>1771208
probably not much more, the 18th dynasty was one of the richest periods in egyptian history
>>
>>1771542
>18th dynasty
>what
>look this up
>they had 31 dynasties
Jesus.
>>
>>1771552
Before being conquered by Alexander, ancient Egypt lasted a very long fucking time. Like 2500 years before Alexander was born.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.