[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If religion is against hedonism, why every religion is something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: aXm6999xjU.jpg (73KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm6999xjU.jpg
73KB, 650x650px
If religion is against hedonism, why every religion is something pleasant to believe in? There hardly exist any religions based around evil beings or a some other kind of really pessimistic messages.
>>
There are many forms of pleasure.

Graceful peace is where most religions tend to point to.
>>
>>1770639
Almost always you need discipline in order to make yourself better, religion is something like that
>>
>>1770639
Even graceful hedonism still a hedonism in its core.
>>
>>1770676
Religions shouldn't be about feeling good in a physical way, they should rather create you a mindset not to take grief out of unimportant things. In religion you need to let go of things, while in hedonism you need to find new things to satisfy your needs
>>
>>1770676
yeah, this is why the dhamma only use this one to get to nibanna. only nibanna is a worthy happiness.
this is what religious people miss, and even worse, most religious people are material hedonists, not even spiritual hedonist
>>
File: 1461993606300.jpg (298KB, 1356x2128px) Image search: [Google]
1461993606300.jpg
298KB, 1356x2128px
>>1772646
so in the dhamma you have
-material hedonism [meaning money and sex, life of the pleb] is good to have, but not necessary to reach nibanna
-spiritual hedonism, where pleasure is gotten through meditation, necessary to be happy, but not enough
-then with right view[=dhamma]+ spiritual hedonism, you reach nibanna

most people think that spiritual hedonism is shit, but the pleb loves to claim that tthey are non-degenerate good people, and even the few who manage to get there do not reach nibanna.
>>
>>1772646
The problem is in the people, not in the religion
>>
I think it is a bad choice to will to change everybody. religious people should not try to change ''society''
>>
>>1773101
Yeah, most religious people (in western culture) have a really bad way of spreding their teachins. I mean, just look at the Spanish inquisition...
>>
The hedonism most people criticize is "physical hedonism", that is, living for physical pleasure.
>>
>>1770534
Religion teaches joy, not pleasure.
>>
>>1773236
Or rather external hedonism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.