[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plato live until 80 years old. Why do we die so young now a days.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: 1456404432370.jpg (18KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
1456404432370.jpg
18KB, 306x450px
Plato live until 80 years old. Why do we die so young now a days. people are dropping dead in their 40s
>>
life expectancy was far lower back then, even factoring out death during infancy, plato is just lucky
>>
>I have no idea what a median is: the thread
>>
>>1757987
>lucky
>implying it wasn't due to his cultivation of a life of virtue and wisdom

baka desu senpai
>>
Greeks, Icelanders, Japanese have tons of centennials and fairly high life expectancy.

My theory is genetically isolated island cultures are the healthiest.
>>
>>1758056
what about New Guinea?
>>
>>1758065
New Guinea is HARDLY genetically or culturally homogeneous.
>>
>>1758056
>My theory is genetically isolated island cultures are the healthiest.
Or, you know, fish, which is something that has actually been shown as having an impact on longevity. But yeah, your idea sounds better let's avoid race mixing BRITAIN FOR BRITS!
>>
>>1758065
You mean war rape-topia? I wonder why they only live like 40 years after living like an animal most've their lives.
>>
>>1758071
Unfortunately Brits are super mixed. Not the Welsh and Scotts but the English non homogenous.
>>
>>1757946
Chemtrails.
>>
>>1758004
>implying all those spooks can fight off cancer or Alzheimer

New age retard detected
>>
>>1758078
>implying those were nearly as common prior to industrialization and widespread artificial chemical use
>>
>>1758075
>Missing the forest for the trees
>>
People back then generally lived healthier lifestyles than people today. They had less sugars & fats in their diets.They typically ate lots of healthy foods like fish & veggies. More exercise (they had to walk everywhere).

As long as they survived childhood & didn't get a nasty infection or die fighting it's not unusual that they should live so long.
>>
>>1757946
I am in my late twenties. Three of my grandparents are still alive. They're all between 86 and 89. My grandmother constantly talks about the "youths" she meets in various training groups, who are older than 80 but younger than her. Your argument is bullshit.
>>
>>1758108
yeah but can your grandma control her bowels and touch her toes
>>
>>1758114
Yes to the first, no to the second. She's upper class, she could never touch her toes. She had servants do that for her. It's also why she can't cook, though her efforts are truly valiant.
>>
>>1758004
More likely a lifetime of wrestling.
>>
>>1758078
>Implying you can cultivate the virtue of the soul without cultivating the virtue of the body
>>
>>1758056
It's probably all the fish they eat
>>
>>1757946
Plato was a nickname from πλατύς (broad)
his name was Aristocles
he was a robust guy with strong broad shoulders
he learnt wrestling in his youth
he was not a manlet
>Russel Crowe tier
>die young
are you kidding?
>>
>>1758085
[citation needed]
>>
>>1757946
Psalm 90:10 The days of our lives are seventy years; And if by reason of strength they are eighty years, Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
>>
Didn't Greek men only marry after 30 or something? I doubt their life expectancy was so low.
>>
>>1758179
Cancer probably was, considering how many artificial substances help causing it
>>
Fish and olive oil on everything.
>>
>>1758056
Paul was right again
>>
>>1758056
>Greece
>isolated
>island
>culture
>>
>>1758191
>still no source

Eurotard detected
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_diet
>>
>>1758202
Sardinia is an genetically isolated island culture and has very high life expectancy.
>>
>>1758085
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer#History
>>
>>1758207
Sardinia is not Greece.
>>
>>1758191
Bullshit. Ancient and prehistoric people were actually exposed by far more toxic substances. Now we actually know exactly which plants are toxic, which substances are toxic, but some people back then actually thought mercury is a medicine.
>>
>>1758175

>Implying broad shoulders wouldn't = Greek manlet
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 313x382px
>>1757946
Life is hell and i want to die so i can watch starwars with hitler and gacy in hell.
>>
I want to live to 100, what do i do?
>>
>>1759870
realize that life after 75 is painful. it's a curse to live long
>>
>>1759870
Move here desu.
Italy is a great alternative as well
>>
>>1758170
Doubtful. Fishes were always full of heavy metals and toxins.
>>
File: greece-map.gif (19KB, 500x400px)
greece-map.gif
19KB, 500x400px
>>1758202
Parts of it
>>
>>1760729
Nope.
>>
>>1757946
He was paid by rich people, never worked in his whole life and had a great hygiene.
>>
Because the diet, lifestyle and environment we live in is much more toxic than it was back then. Plus Greeks were probably the masters of hygiene at the time, so there's that as well. Plus he hasn't a labourer, so his choice of employment was much less detrimental to his health than others.
>>
>>1761002
>Plato
>wasn't a laborer.
>>
>>1758255
>not in antiquity

that stupid practice was started by hack 'healers' (i.e. not Muslim or Greek medical men).
>>
>>1761076
labouring and lifting weights are different
>>
>>1761076
Greeks abhorred laboring.
>>
>>1760471
Red meat can cause cancer eventually.
>>
>>1761123
The wage slave meme started in Greece
>>
>>1758207
>>1758075
I really hope you're a troll and not this retarded.
>>
Plato came from a aristocratic family that owned large estates. If you read his works, he mentions that people should work out a lot, keep fit, and eat modest portions of healthy food. He also rails against getting drunk and encourages that only fully mature adults (30+) are allowed to drink (in modest portions).

There's plenty of Greek figures in antiquity that make it to 80-90 years, which there's no reason to suspect such details to be false for most of them, and there's a few who even made it up to a few years over 100, whose modest description and related-activity of such figures are probably true.

It isn't surprising that Plato lived that long given his healthy life-style and that he didn't live a physically toiling and stressful life.
>>
>>1758255
>Now we actually know exactly which plants are toxic, which substances are toxic

We produce literally hundred of thousands of chemicals with hardly any long term testing done on their effects
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.