[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was teenagers "rebelling" against their parents and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: its not a phase mom.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
its not a phase mom.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
Was teenagers "rebelling" against their parents and society in general a thing in history? Is it something biological, caused by hormones or just a cultural thing?
>>
>>1756452
it's all three and as natural and sometimes necessary as can be. you need some way to get males to wander off to other parts of the world on their own. most young male animals fight against each other, or older sick and cripple of their kin in some way or get driven off and force to go somewhere else
>>
>>1756452
The entire concept of "adolescence" is a modern invention. For most of history, there was only childhood and adulthood with no in-between.
>>
In almost every culture throughout history a "teenager" would be considered an adult and therefore have no need to rebel against its parents. Personally I think the urge is biological, to encourage us to stop acting like children and strike out on our own.
>>
The concept of "teenagers" is a wholesale invention by marketers in the 50's

There were children, and there were adults before then
>>
File: ?.png (3KB, 310x253px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
3KB, 310x253px
>>1756475
(((marketers)))
>>
I heard someone say that this is the age when, for the most part of human history and pre-history, boys were supposed to go out hunting, exploring, kidnapping women from other tribes or join the military. The reason they start rebelling it's because in modern society there's nothing of this kind to do. The best thing for parents I think would be to kick them out of the house and have them look for a job.
>>
No.

Sometimes it happens, but some generations are not overly rebellious.
Take the millennials. They are not particularly rebellious. The SJWs actually try to enforce the morals of the Boomer generation that is in power.

So much that University Presidents, the mainstream media, etc usually have the same values as they do.
>>
>>1756452
Kind of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burschenschaft
>>
>>1756518
>The SJWs actually try to enforce the morals of the Boomer generation that is in power.
Nah, I do not think that this is true. I keep my eye on SJWs and many believe that you can only be for social justice if you are communist.

Just check r/srsdiscussion. It is what I use to check on the left.
>>
>>1756471
So, it's basically that biologically, a teenager is basically an adult an has the urges for independence, but is kept in a state of prolonged childhood by culture, this is what causes aberrations like op's pic?
>>
>>1756482
Oy vey!
>>
>>1756613
Just read something about subcultures. It's not exactly a new phenomenon.
>>
>>1756471
This
>>
>>1756613

That's almost the idea, but I wouldn't say a teenager is "basically an adult," as full physical and mental maturity happen years after the rebellious stage begins (the brain isn't fully mature until about 25). More like, a teenager is mature ENOUGH to survive on their own, so the parent-child relationship ending would be beneficial to both.
>>
>>1756452

Traditional societies used to have "coming of age" rituals where in the eyes of the community, you were a man (albeit a very young one).

Modern society does terrible things to teenagers.
Public school was a mistake.
High carb diets were a mistake
>Not realizing that species-high level of dopaminergic stimulation in our mediasphere
does necessitate massive stimulant prescriptions.
If you fed teenagers milk, bacon, and eggs, you would get rid of teenage obesity in two years. Instead they get shit made by fucking retards and planned by fucking retards.

Their monkey status value systems get fucked. You can calculate your worth with Og and his 50 siblings pretty good at an unconscious level.
A person in Los Angeles is fucking lost. He's going to the ruler that shines the most, "the star". Then he imitates the attention seeking aspects of the star.

I definitely say there's something "weird" about teenage rebellion as a phenomenon. A man who hasn't been tested is a man who lives as a hollow shell. He puffs himself with big ideals but feels eternally unsatisfied because so far it's just been bluff.

Teenagers are looking to be tested on useful abilities or at least soft people skills that are universally applicable. Instead they're taught by retards, judged by retards, and preyed upon by scumbags.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.