[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many atheists seemingly incapable of comprehending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why are so many atheists seemingly incapable of comprehending the traditional Christian understanding of God?
>>
Because it's weird and doesn't make intuitive sense.
>>
their fedoras block out the light
>>
Traditional Christianity says you can't comprehend or understand God

>So far as we are able to understand, for Himself God does not constitute either an origin, or an intermediary state, or a consummation, or anything else at all which can be seen to qualify naturally things that are sequent to Him. For He is undetermined, unchanging and infinite, since He is infinitely beyond all being, potentiality and actualization.
>>
>>1755481
not understanding is the understanding
>>
>>1755498
I think they get that much, it's the incarnation and the Trinity they find ludicrous.
>>
Probably because it makes no sense at all and is self-contradicing pile of assertions, backed up by unfalsifiable horseshit and defended by mis representations and namecalling
>>
>>1755502
Ice
Water
Steam

not that hard to understand
>>
>>1755528
Since you gave an heretical analogy, apparently it is.

Here is a Patristic one for you
Fire
Light
Heat
>>
>>1755533
That is, the light of the fire, and the heat of the fire
>>
>>1755528
>>1755533
>christians in charge of knowing their logic-defying drivel
Arius did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>1755463
Because it's Not logical, it's fairy tales
>>
>>1755710
euphoric
>>
>>1755680
>The Word be God
>all things that were made, were made by him
This is right in Scripture
>>
>>1755463
You mean just like all the theists?
>>
Past-oriented and bottom-up thinking are not conducive to understanding anything.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.