[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Nixon celebrated for normalizing relations with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1464608004061.png (307KB, 427x559px) Image search: [Google]
1464608004061.png
307KB, 427x559px
Why isn't Nixon celebrated for normalizing relations with China?

Surely, Watergate should not overshadow such a momentous achievement.
>>
I AM AUTISTIC!!!!
>>
He isn't?
>>
Wasn't it a lot due to China's own internal change, and not due to American overtures?
>>
>>1751502
Yes, Deng Xiaoping wanted to open up the country - but it takes two to tango
>>
Isn't that why he's seen as a tragic figure? A man of great talent, who was brought down by his flaws?
>>
Nixon was literally the best president of the last 50 years. He was the one who won the Cold War. Reagan and Bush just mopped up the ruins
>>
>>1750877
I'm honestly starting to wish that all of our presidents had been isolationists.
>>
Because after Watergate, everyone knew without a doubt that Nixon was a power mad psychotic, and they could never look past that.

Which is fair, because he completely was, and a lot of his domestic policies were shit. But internationally, he did a lot to cool down the Cold War.

He was an extremely effective president, but not well liked enough. When Watergate happened, it put all his many flaws in the forefront, and those became the focus.
>>
>>1751831
This
>>
>>1751908
The dumbest thing was was that the motherfucker didn't NEED to do it. He would have won in 1972 without bugging McGovern's offices.
>>
>>1750877
But that was the worst thing to happen to the US in the last 50 years
>>
>>1755248
That's why his paranoia became a huge issue. He won yet still did it.
>>
>>1750877

No idea.

He's the first Globalist President (Wilson I guess, but Nixon was the first to usher in Modern Globalism).

Hillary supporters should love him.

Don't forget what he did with the gold standard either.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.