[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>believes if he dies in battle he will go to Valhalla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

>avoids battle

lmao
>>
File: Bagans.png (108KB, 1270x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Bagans.png
108KB, 1270x1136px

lmao
>>
well, that's Vikings for you .... retarded
>>
>>1743716
best religion desu~
>>
>>1744900
Best mythology, As a religion it's just as shitty as any other form of paganism
>>
File: 5463162-3x2-940x627.jpg (53KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
5463162-3x2-940x627.jpg
53KB, 940x627px
>Isnt afraid of death
>Die shooting up gay clubs and rock concerts instead of trying to harm the politicians who bomb the middle east
>>
>>1744912
>Best mythology
xD, pleb.
>>
>stab a defenseless old man in the back while he prays
>before I can escape, his brother catches me, tears open my stomach, and ties me to a tree with my own intestines
Does that count as dying in battle?
>>
>>1745016
>the north face
>>
>>1744912
>best mythology

maybe if you're 13 years old
>>
>>1745070
>>1745058
It's a pretty cool mythology when compared to Indian religion. There are a lot of parallels between the hindu religion and the norse religion. Almost enough to imply that The Kingdom of Sumeria had a significant effect on both
>>
File: IE_expansion.png (151KB, 450x275px) Image search: [Google]
IE_expansion.png
151KB, 450x275px
>>1745105
> Almost enough to imply that The Kingdom of Sumeria had a significant effect on both
Do you even Indo-Europeans?
>>
File: kuffir.jpg (22KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
kuffir.jpg
22KB, 250x201px
>Valhalla
>allahlaV
>allah laV
>laV allah
>love allah
>>
>implying going to Valhalla was seen as desirable

It wasn't, stop taking that history channel show seriously.
>>
>>1745669

It kind of was. It was the highest honor a pagan could hope for, albeit not the most "desirable" in absolute terms (that would be chilling with Freya in her halls)
>>
>>1745693

No, valhalla was a representation of the war grave, the collective dead who were unfortunate enough to have died away from their families. The ideal death for a Germanic pagan was with ones family, as they believed that's what formed luck for their family and how they could watch over them. The family mound was the ideal.
>>
>>1744900
It's just the fucking Greek pantheon with less fanfic
>>
>>1745638
Snowniggers confirmed as sandniggers
>>
File: Ss-mad-max-fury-road-146.jpg (1MB, 2200x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Ss-mad-max-fury-road-146.jpg
1MB, 2200x1464px
>believes if they die in battle they'll be awaited in valhalla
>>
>>1745795

Looking at the Germanic gods through the lense of Hellenism or Abrahamic religions is a terrible idea. It was the opposite of Hellenism is a plethora of ways.
>>
>>1745823
>It was the opposite of Hellenism is a plethora of ways
How so?
>>
>>1745016

That's when you know you're dealing with a bully and not a martyr.
>>
>>1745823

No, all the IE religions have striking similarities. The danger is in drawing conclusions based on coincidental similarities, or on superficial similarities.
>>
>>1745823
Explain how. In my limited kmlowledge they look like just another IE religion to me, and overall a very generic or unoriginal one save for having replaced the sky/thunder father with Odin.
>>
>>1745829
>>1745982
Not that anon but can Hellenistic gods die? I know that Germanic gods die but I'm not sure about the others
>>
>>1745829
>>1745972
>>1745982

The pantheon and practice in Hellenism was much more of a gods first, relatively uniform practice that placed more importance on the Gods than the nymphs/dryads/nature beings or one's own familial house cult, which correct me if I'm wrong but was really more of a Roman thing. To the Germanic cultures, this was backwards, with the primary worship being ancestors, followed by the landvaettir or nature spirits of the area, and lastly the gods.

The gods were viewed as interacting with the tribe, not so much the individual. Communities would approach the gods in a group, ritual being lead by a chieftain, elder, or king, to beseech and begin a gift cycle through votive offerings or sacrifice. Compare this to the Greeks, who did that yet also had many personal interactions between gods and man (half gods walking around, Zeus banging everyone, people being noticed and cursed for some particular trait/action) and much less focus on the house cult or nature spirits.

In Germanic mythology, people saw themselves as beneath the notice of the gods, whereas the Hellenists saw the divine as more involved with world.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.