[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that metaphysical and religion belief is evidently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Is it true that metaphysical and religion belief is evidently natural to and healthy for the humans? Does it means that atheism is against human nature?
>>
>>1738103
>Against nature
>literally is been the default of all living things.
>>
>>1738114
Lacking belief in god(s) because you think the idea that they exist is implausible, and lacking belief in god(s) because you've never conceived of the idea of a god aren't really the same thing. Atheism seems to mostly to refer to the former. We don't say animals are atheist.
>>
>>1738103
Humans seem naturally inclined to be superstitious and believe in spirits and the like but I don't see how it could be healthy.
>>
File: 1471064044877.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471064044877.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
>tfw too intelligent for human nature
>>
it's unnatural for an above average intelligence monkey to think it knows the truth better then nature and create a psychology in which everything for him is dead and mechanistic causing him to endanger himself and the entire earth, so yes if that was your question.
>>
>>1738103
>Is it true that metaphysical and religion belief is evidently natural to and healthy for the humans?

BF Skinner used operant conditioning to create religious pigeons.
>>
>>1738103
>Is it true that metaphysical and religion belief is evidently natural to and healthy for the humans?
I don't know if it is natural, but i think it could be leftover meme from some proto-culture. Healthy it is not, judging by the fact it makes people lay down in humiliating poses, annoy other people or in the worst case explode.
>>
>>1738103
Just reminding that atheism is a believe too.
>>
>>1738103
>human nature
should I also fuck random whores off the street every day because it's in my nature?
>>
>>1739924
Ignorance is knowledge too.
>>
>>1740114
t. Socrates
>>
>>1738129
Atheism is no belief in God its all the same jackass.
>>
It's a useful mechanism for social cohesion / control, a law being "sacred" makes people less likely to infringe on it. A ruler being divine, or having access to the divine, lends him authority. As social animals I think it's only natural we come up with that sort of concept, but the fact it's "natural" doesn't mean we shouldn't modify our behavior. It's not "natural" to cook our meat, either.

The question should be less what's the natural thing and do that, but to weigh the pros and cons and do what's most beneficial, either to the individual or society depending on your outlook.
>>
>>1740154
Concept of authority can be derived from many sources. Divinity based on collective belief that such being exist, is one branch. Authority from pure force is another. Ancient empires usually combined the two for stronger/effective governing.

Modern authority can simply be a more formal form of social contract maintained through governanceship. Either through choices given to individuals or the illusion of choice(democratic). Or simply the knowledge of better statehood governance with that ruler(benevolent authoritarian).
>>
>superstition is a nice good """natural""" part of being a human
>therefore everyone who isn't specifically a _________ist like me is bad and deserves to go to hell
>>
>>1740176

I don't disagree with you, I'm merely saying religions are a pretty obvious way to get a society to play ball and that form of rule developed right along side our earliest societies, so as far as 'human nature' goes (a concept I'm honestly mostly skeptical of anyway) religion seems part and parcel of how various populations solve social issues.

Alternatives aren't necessarily unnatural by virtue of that being natural, personally I think everything we do is natural because we're part of nature. Questioning and rejecting 'human nature' is part of human nature just like everything else.
>>
Nature is not good or evil

It is

Nature has a rhyme, but no reason
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.