[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The oldest Homo sapiens to be found is 200,000 years old, while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Cole_Thomas_The_Present_1838.jpg (191KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
Cole_Thomas_The_Present_1838.jpg
191KB, 1000x647px
The oldest Homo sapiens to be found is 200,000 years old, while formal recorded human history spans for amost 6000 years, since Sumerian Mesopotamian 4000 BC, until 0, and now 2016 years, after Christ. People are always spouting off about how Mesopotamia is the cradle of all civilization, but I find that incredibly hard to believe. If that is truly the case, that means there has been a period of almost 200 thousand years where humans have been doing fuck all. I sincerely doubt there isn't at least one yet undiscovered civilization predating ancient Mesopotamia.
>>
Christ wasn't a real person. You might as well try starting your calendar at the birth of Pinocchio.
>>
>>1732096
You know that Pinocchio is clear allegory of Christ, right?
>>
Didn't know that. Mind you, I wasn't very interested in biblical allegory when I was four.
>>
There were some ruins found in Anatolia I believe that were dated around 14000 years ago. They believed it to be a meeting place for nomadic people. It's a fairly recent discovery I think. But it does show that people were doing things other than copulating with animals and worshipping grass.
>>
Anything past like 20,000 years is fucking gone. Most likely there were stuff but no way to know. Water levels and tectonic shifts probably changed or covered places that early humans actually lived.
>>
Actually the answer to your OP is quite simple. Civilisations arose because the invention of agriculture allowed people to produce a surplus. Before that everyone was too busy surviving to invent wheels and transistors and the internet and stuff.
>>
>>1732147
What?
>>
>>1732066
Theres some good stuff in Joe Rogan's podcasts with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson. It isn't totally about people, but what has happened in the past few hundred thousand years with climate change, geological change and how it has affected humans throughout history. they also go into what kinds of past human structures ancient civilizations built. It's interesting stuff.

>inb4 dude weed lmao
>>
>>1732066
How the fuk are you supposed to build civilisation when It's frozen as fuck and you can't grow any crops
>>
>>1732154
>>1732189
This.

Agricultural surplus brah.
>>
Look up gobekli tepe and also the erosion on the spinx places it at 12,000 + but egyptologists that have made their wntire careers off false premises wont allow these new discoveries credit
>>
>>1732168
Lol, Graham Hancock? I think you might be on the wrong board. Try /conspiracy/ or /nutjob/.
>>
>>1732215
>big rock in the middle of the desert
>Egyptians carve it to look like a cat-face-thing
>weathering dates to before Egyptian period
>MUH ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS

pls
>>
>>1732066
>If that is truly the case, that means there has been a period of almost 200 thousand years where humans have been doing fuck all
What you qualify as doing something is probably just other meaningless bullshit. Why should someone care about civilization or recording what is happening right now?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.