[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live a good life helping others >upon death, get thrown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 920.jpg (32KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
920.jpg
32KB, 402x604px
>live a good life helping others
>upon death, get thrown into a sun made of lava because I could not believe that some guy was the son of some other guy who made the world

Wew
>>
File: Dante.jpg (134KB, 670x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dante.jpg
134KB, 670x1000px
Used to think just like you anon, but the sin there is arrogance, thinking you have the world so worked out in your limited experience and refusing to have a relationship with your creator.

t. Dante
>>
>>1726150
>Its arrogance not to believe in the Christian God.
>>
>>1726150
>thinking you have the world so worked out in your limited experience
>god exists, jesus had magical powers, of this I am certain without conclusive evidence
>totes not arrogant tho
>>
>>1726150
What if you have a relationship with someone you think is the creator (ie, Allah).
>>
>>1726150
>thinking you have the world so worked out in your limited experience
We could turn this exactly back on every religious person. The honest answer is you don't know, but choose to believe. We don't know, but decline the religious tradition. There is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>1726167
>>1726169
>>1726171
>>1726180
I never said Christian God, although that is the one I personally follow. I just said "creator"
>>
>>1726150
What if my creator refuses to have relationship with me?
>>
>>1726226
Why do you say that?
>>
>>1726220
There is no sufficient reason to assume a creator.
>>
Religious people are not moral agents, their beliefs have no bearing on morality.
At worst they are superstitious cowards who want a magical bully to beat up people they personally hate. At best they are decent folk who happen to follow the culture of pragmatic citizenship. But in either case they have surrendered their moral virtue to some third party in exchange for absolving of responsibility.

So don't worry what cultists tell you, they have no power over you here or in any other life.
>>
>>1726249
And that is why religion is the realm of culture and the human experience rather than the autistic realm of science.
>>
>>1726267
That is a very narrow minded view
>>
>>1726310
It's a realm within culture and human experience. It has no monopoly on it. Scientists are humans as well, but only care about what's actually true.
>>
>>1726377
Didn't say it had a monopoly, just that it belongs in that realm, the realm of debate and judgement, rather than the realm of observation and measurement.
>>
>>1726390
The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I concede your point.
>>
File: master ruseman.png (131KB, 521x388px) Image search: [Google]
master ruseman.png
131KB, 521x388px
>be human being
>god endows me with reason and free will
>god has a rule whereby if I don't believe in his existence, I get tortured for all eternity
>god tricks me into being an atheist by orchestrating the universe in such a way that it appears as though he does not exist
>I die
>god tortures me for all eternity as punishment for falling for his ruse
>>
>>1726404
Faith =/= belief
Plus, you'd probably end up in purgatory rather than hell as long as you didn't live a life of sin and be like "haha fuck you fake-ass God" the whole time.
>>
>>1726456
Faith literally means purposefully choosing to believe something for which you have insufficient evidence.

It beggars belief why Christians think this behavior is a virtue, since it is a slap in the face to the idea of god-given rationality
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.