[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who do you think was smarter Jesus or The Buddha? Strictly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 11

File: jesusandthebuddha.jpg (22KB, 699x349px) Image search: [Google]
jesusandthebuddha.jpg
22KB, 699x349px
Who do you think was smarter Jesus or The Buddha?

Strictly in terms of not letting himself be crucified to death, I mean.
>>
>>1720504

>knows meat is poisoned, and is a vegetarian.
>eats it anyways.
>>
>>1720504
Buddha I guess. But would you want to live with black israelites?
>>
Jesus had a deeper understanding of human nature and of religion. What he did was a true revelation, of a truth hidden under hundreds of thousands of years worth of myth. And Christian philosophy embraces the individual, and individual responsibility.

Buddhism on the other hand seeks to deny human nature and destroy the individual. While it's similar in practice, it's far more shallow than Christianity.
>>
File: no beginning no end.jpg (133KB, 1017x552px) Image search: [Google]
no beginning no end.jpg
133KB, 1017x552px
jesus was just a swell dude. the buddha i think definitely got much deeper into the concept of reincarnation and the cycle of suffering, after all it is said he reached enlightenment
>>
>>1720530
Its actually far more true and absolute
>>
File: Lao-Tzu.png (135KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
Lao-Tzu.png
135KB, 300x273px
>>1720504
>
>>
File: mani[1].gif (45KB, 245x335px) Image search: [Google]
mani[1].gif
45KB, 245x335px
>>1720504
Mani was better than both. He took the best elements from Jesus, Buddha, AND Zarathustra. His life was far more interesting too.
>>
>>1720530
>just luv ur neighbors yall
literal hippie shit of the roman empire
>>
>>1720622
And yet no-one follows him today.
>>
>>1720507
Lel, is this true? What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1721277
What does that have to do with it? People are fucking stupid.
>>
>>1720507
>is offered meat
>cannot deny it because it was an offering
vegetarianism in buddhism means you can't seek out meat, not that you can't eat it.
>>
>>1720570
>>1721267
>not even understanding your own civilisation's religion while fapping to weeb philosophy
>>
>>1720504
>Jebus
Jewish Pleb
>Buddha
Born into the Kshatriya elite class. Literally nobility.

One wonders.
>>
>>1720504
The tragic of jesus death was a major reason for the popularity of christianity. He probably wanted to go like John the Baptist
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 246x205px
>>1720504
OG balla comin through
>>
>>1721482
I do understand it, apparently you don't
>>
>>1721277

LOWEST
COMMON
DENOMINATOR

>MacDonalds is the best food
>After all its eaten by more people than any other brand!
>>
>Why do humans suffer?
Buddha: endless unchecked and unfulfilling desires
Jesus: because you disobeyed God, aka me

>How to fix suffering?
Buddha: be mindful of your own action/thoughts
Jesus: pray to God, me, for salvation

One person finds solution for humans within humanity, other one finds solution in some higher being.

The smarter is Jesus because that means he can say all sorts of things about things and attribute it to something else. The wiser is Buddha because the answer we need is simply to look at your self instead.
>>
>>1721754
>>1721847
I was a cringey fedora too when I was 13, and before I started actually learning what Christianity is about.

>Why do humans suffer?
Jesus: because we're trapped in a cycle of violence since the dawn of mankind, and the false religions tell us violence comes from the gods when it really comes from us, we are responsible of our own suffering and no one else
Buddha: because we want stuff

>How to fix suffering?
Jesus: unilaterally renounce violence, only that can break the cycle and make the truth apparent to others
Buddha: figuratively kill yourself
>>
File: huxley-vs-orwell.jpg (597KB, 1328x2380px) Image search: [Google]
huxley-vs-orwell.jpg
597KB, 1328x2380px
>>1722116

So basically Jesus is 1984 and Buddha is Brave New World
>>
>>1721847
Ridiculous post.

>>1720504
In Buddhism you can become a stone Buddha if you want, when Christ taught that the one who does nothing with his talents but bury them in the ground is a wicked and selfish servant.

Now I don't remember if it's Taoism or Buddhism that play with the gong and attempt lose themselves in the sound waves to discover an aspect of reality...

Now the apostle Paul taught (which everything he learned from Christ and Holy Spirit) that he can speak with the tongue of men or of angels, but if he has no Love, he is no more than a resounding gong or clanging cymbal.
(1 Corinthians 13)

Meaning that without speaking or acting in love, your words and actions are nothing but pointless noise. Which points out that the gong is a pointless noise, that Love, not "nothingness", should be the point of focus. Now this is a real general and probably lacking description and intent of the Buddhist gong, but these two separate perspectives on the gong was worth remembering for me personally.

There's probably more philosophical differences to examine, but Christ taught and commanded love and offering a helping hand, when in Buddhism, I've heard of everything from Buddhist Capitalist's to Buddhists who isolate themselves, which are those stone Buddha's I mentioned above. As opposed to Christ who taught that doing nothing to help your brother is considered wickedness.
>>
>>1722194
I don't think I see the parallel.
>>
>>1722232
Also worth noting that this isn't a competition to see who was or is better. It's not about that.

It's also worth noting that both taught about detachment from the world.

Solomon used vanity, which means "meaningless", to describe everything we do in a world where death is a thing. It's all meaningless because of death, so ultimately fear God in everything you do. God being the very author of righteousness and love, since man didn't create love, as man can only choose love; Love being a doorway and path that was already built/paved for man to utilize, which is yet another one of God's creations, as God created everything.

Now Buddha emphasized emptiness/nothingness in various ways, not sure if there's a connection there between Solomon's meaningless and Buddha's emptiness, as I never got past a certain point in Buddhism, but emptiness sounds more about and in reference to the self, when Solomon's meaningless references everything we do.

But yeah, Buddha pretty much reverse engineered the emotions and their points of friction and meticulously discovered that attachments is what causes suffering. Christ was born with both knowledge and wisdom and commanded that man come out of the world/whore babylon/idols/the world of covetousness. There are some common denominators in these two insights though.

Also if any Christian has a problem with this, it's also worth noting that Paul quoted greek poets I think a couple times, when in the event, the greek poets were correct regarding evil things. You can double check this to verify.
>>
>>1722311
>the emotions and their points of friction and meticulously discovered that attachments is what causes suffering.
it is attachment to things that fade, and turns out that whatever you feel, it fades. also, this teaching matters only if you wonder why there is and no longer bear the disappointments in life. this is why this teaching is shitty for most normies, normies love to suffer and the most retarded normies even claim that there is value in suffering, like in working hard for years, in order to achieve some goals where you will be pleased physically and mentally.
>>
>>1722311
Yet one more thing...

I have a feeling Buddha had no intent on becoming an idol. The word of God specifically points out that gods made of stone and precious metals can't speak back, they can't rescue people, they are idle and worthless, that their creators forget the wood and rock these idols are made from are no more than exactly that, trees and rocks that do not speak.

Now I don't remember where I saw this but it was on TV, can't remember what I was watching though. But I saw Buddhist men and young men, in poverty, begging for food from locals and tourists, while praying to a Buddha statue for insight and wisdom. I'm assuming they never got their answers and were therefore in poverty in not only their food but in their asking of knowledge and wisdom.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.
2 Thessalonians 3:7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you,
2 Thessalonians 3:8 nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
2 Thessalonians 3:11 We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies.

The entire word of God addresses the reality of life on earth. The toil one must partake just to eat, that evil is what cripples man, therefore assist the crippled man if you are not crippled by evil yourself. Be a giving charitable brother to your brother.

I'm not saying these particular Buddhist were bad people, but they were praying to a statue that can't answer back, when the living God, creator of everything and His son Jesus Christ equip man for every snare and evil stumbling block.
>>
>>1722370
This is worth further discussing but I just typed out a whole other observation.

But yeah, regarding the toiling of life, some of it is necessary, it's part of the curse that we must feed ourselves to survive. And the achievement of goals is meaningless and worth further examination by people. But all in all, there's a thick fog, a veil, the darkness that prevents people from seeing far enough ahead, or from seeing from great heights to understand these things. That darkness prevents the more visible perspective.

The very blackness that's in space, that you see when the sun's light yields, that darkness, that substance, it's still right in front of us at all times. I'm going to go out on a limb and at the risk of sounding vague...but in science I think it's what they call dark matter, right? Now imho this stuff is the very prison for the non believer, for men in general. It's the very dark boundary of 3 dimensional reality. It's worth examining, praying, meditating about imho.
>>
>>1720507
>not being able to decipher the meaning of that action
>hagiography
>>
Jesus was smarter because I'm a Christian
>>
Jewish carpenter nobody vs Indian prince given the best education money and status could buy.

No contest.
>>
Both have the same intellect. They aren't seperate
>>
>>1721482
>implying that I'm western scum
>>
File: 1447030688310.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447030688310.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>1720504
here is the difference today
-buddhism appeals to old white women and their beta husbands
-Christianity appeals to retarded 20 yo white betas
>>
>>1722278
buddhism: your own desires control you
christianity: you sinned against god, therefore he will punish you
>>
>>1722531
***BUZZ* Incorrect

Christianity also teaches your desires cause you suffering, it is common sense when Christ tells us of the world, and to release our attachment to it, transliterated is the same thing Buddha teaches us.
>>
>>1722504
*tips fedora*
>>
>>1722531
Read this: >>1722116
>>
>>1722544
Why aren't you happy with buddhism? Why do you seek to conflate two mutually exclusive teachings?
>>
>>1720504

Jesus is God.

God is smarter than all men collectively.

This is not a close call. Buddha couldn't figure out how to dodge eternal fire and brimstone.
>>
>>1722232
>talents

Talents means a large sum of money, not your skill set. The parable is set in the tribulation, when men have to actively procure and maintain their own salvation, not having the blessing of the indwelling Holy Spirit in them for eternal salvation.
>>
>>1722623
They are the same Christ and Buddha. They both are teaching the same things to different people, and the conditions that are different is because of the groups of people they are sent to. Both teachings together create higher understanding of the teachings of the other.

Instead of be dual, Christian or Buddhist, you can reverse the "choose one or else everyone thinks your a heretic" mentality and benefit highly from both.
>>
File: Crusades.jpg (69KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
Crusades.jpg
69KB, 610x374px
>>1722116
>Jesus: unilaterally renounce violence, only that can break the cycle and make the truth apparent to others

And thankfully, Christians delicately follow his advice
>>
>>1722659
Jesus said "I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man comes to the Father but by Me."

Can you show me where Buddha came to Jesus and became one of Jesus' followers?
>>
>>1722660
It's a false teaching of a false Jesus, and your example of Christians is Catholics.

You're new here, huh.
>>
>>1722731

And I'm going to guess that by 'false', you mean 'something I disagree with'
>>
>>1722742
I mean that nowhere in the bible does Jesus denounce violence. In fact, the bible gives soldiers rules to live by; don't bear false witness and be happy with your paycheck.

You don't give soldiers advice on how to remain soldiers if you are anti-violence.

No, when Jesus says "vengeance is mine", He means that He can exact vengeance infinitely better than we can, and that our hands are too dirty to press our own cases.
>>
>>1722727
Buddha is 500 years before Christ. It is one thing to be spiritual and another thing to be rational, so being spiritual and rational is very important.

You don't need to use John 14:6 to make Buddha seem lesser than he truly is.

Buddha does mention the Middle Way, as Christ mentions the narrow way, and that the Way is the way to end suffering.
>>
>>1722760

Then why are you not on the battlefield? If the Bible is okay about violence, why aren't you in Syria right now, helping your Christian brothers out?

Could it be that you only give a fuck about the Bible when it benefits you?
>>
>>1722765
Every way the Buddha taught is on the broad road that leads to destruction.

Men lived 4000 years before Jesus and still figured out how to get into heaven.

Buddha said some things, died, and stayed dead. Feel free to follow Him.
>>
>>1722773

This is the battlefield. My days in the Corps are over.

Any other questions?
>>
>>1722773
not that guy but that's a pretty dumb idea. It's like wanting every single kid in the world to become a plumber, instead of following their own path.
>>
>>1722787
>My days in the Corps are over.

I wonder what God would think of that
>>
>>1722796
Why not ask Him?
>>
>>1722799

Why don't you? You're the Christian here
>>
>>1722782
>Every way the Buddha taught is on the broad road that leads to destruction.
That is your personal bias, and a common Christian misconception, making Christians look ignorant.

>Men lived 4000 years before Jesus and still figured out how to get into heaven.
Buddha is also in Heaven "no he's not he's a sinner my church told me he is in hell"

>Buddha said some things, died, and stayed dead. Feel free to follow Him.
Buddha knew the same eternal life that Christ did and together in heaven they teach the world the final teaching of truth.
>>
>>1722801
I know how He feels about it, because He was with me every step of the way.
>>
>>1722811

I wish you could sue the people who have so deluded you.
>>
>>1722820
I do everyday on 4chan. The people who attempt to delude me are "I wish you could see those who deluded you" but I mean shit dude, I used to also go online and preach "sinner u don't even know Jesus" when actually, I didn't know Christ or God.
>>
>>1722816
>He thinks he can know the feeling of a being that is incomprehensible
>>
>>1722660
Early martyrs did. But the Catholic Church is an institution and Western Christendom built a civilisation, those things by definition require violence, so they clearly went against the Gospel. However the Gospel did have a huge effect in moderating violence, it just wasn't as radical and immediate as Jesus called for.
>>
>>1722820
I thought is said see not sue ->>1722839 so that is what happens when you skim through and "read" something and respond which I image many other Christians do too... saying a whole lot but not actually doing anything to pay attention to what the other person says
>>
>>1722839
At least you preached what you knew. You didn't know Jesus, and you preached that you didn't know Jesus. And you still don't.

But this Jesus = Buddha nonsense has no backing by anyone or anything.
>>
>>1722845
God is incomprehensible to His enemies, not to His children.
>>
>>1722906
No, it is called intolerance and ignorance and Christ does not teach that. His name is not Jesus there is no J in Hebrew, also, I do know Christ but not in fulness and it is obvious no one knows Him in fulness and that is okay.

Buddha and Christ is backed by Living Buddha Living Christ, and when you apply the teachings rather than say them on the internet no you will come to your own conclusions about how they are not that different at all.

More than just a book, many practitioners call upon Christ and Buddha, that is a reality even if mainstream Christians and mainstream Buddhist do not agree
>>
>>1722907

And how do you know you're not among his enemies?
>>
>>1722544
If Christianity ALSO teaches desires cause suffering, then why does Christians need God to save them from the suffering?
>>
>>1722919
Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew, if you are really becoming that picky) is God and created the universe.

Buddha was a spoiled brat, died, stayed dead, and went to hell.

Follow whoever you want to be with.
>>
>>1720504
>Jesus
Be a good cuck, turn the other cheek, submit and you'll be rewarded in the other lfie
>Buddha
Abandon the wordly matters and cultivate yourself to attain nirvana, life is suffering and its an illusion that you should abandon.

Buddha is far better
>>
>>1722924
Because I know Him, and love Him, and know what He is doing.

Because I have seen what He can do.
>>
>>1723211
Christianity teaches that suffering entered the world when Adam sinned. And nobody, not even the entire collective of humanity, suffered more than Jesus did on that cross.

Nothing to do with desire.
>>
>>1723227
>And nobody, not even the entire collective of humanity, suffered more than Jesus did on that cross

Loads of people were crucified under the Romans.
>>
>>1723227
>And nobody, not even the entire collective of humanity, suffered more than Jesus did on that cross
but many people were crucified, and I'm pretty sure that hell for eternity is worse than hell for 3 days
>>
>>1723223

Appearing on toast and shit is pretty cool.
>>
>>1723227
Thanks for clarification.

Now how did Jesus Suffer more on the cross than everyone who's ever been tortured and then killed? It says Jesus was crucified and died in 9 hours on quick google search. Is this what Christians consider "sufffered more than entire collective humanity"?

Also isn't Jesus God? Does it really count when you have self-res activated? Does it really count when you can make the pain go away? Or if you can live infinitely?
>>
>>1722116
Jesus is far more successful at detecting the problem than the Buddha. Of course violence is what aches humanity, not the existence of individualism -- which is very natural -- as claims the Buddha. Nevertheless, the solution that Jesus gives is partially wrong. You can't just UNILATERALLY forsake violence because then parties that don't adhere to the same principle will wreck you. The perfect solution, though very unlikely, is the mutual ceasing of violence.
>>
>>1723325
What constitutes violence? If I deprive you of money or the means to feed yourself and you suffer the pain of starvation, how is this any better than the pain if I hit you?
>>
>>1722116
Ironically you sound like a fedora yourself.
>>
>>1723348
>Starving someone
>Depriving someone of their wealth

That's violence, though not by the sword. Such acts can be solved by waging war, which is the undesirable outcome, or through pacifist means, such as diplomacy or the establishment of a law-based judicial system.
>>
>>1723219
>Buddha was a spoiled brat

Christians trolling the internet don't help Christianity spread.
>>
>>1723211
In most religions, surrender to God is a means for devotion and liberation from sin
>>
>>1722643
It means investment, invested effort for the kingdom of God. To shell up and do nothing (burying the talents) or doing something with your effort to bring forth fruit (investing the talents to gain more). The one who reaped the most, more responsibilities will be given.
>>
>>1722232
>>1722311

Which is why Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. No man enters the presence of the Father/Creator but by Christ.

Fully teaches how to love, fully teaches about the traps, fully teaches the preparation of what awaits every man on earth.No one enters the presence but by His way. The further you press in with Jesus Christ, the more you'll know.
>>
>>1723233
Correct.

And my statement still stands.
>>
>>1723238
>>1723482
>>
>>1723409
If you're going to post on this site, you gotta be able to spot the trolls bro
>>
>>1723265
I should really have just copied my answer to this question from the last dozen or so threads. It takes a lot of energy and effort to respond to this question.

The physical pain Jesus experienced was barely significantly over zero percent of what He suffered on the cross, a death so horrific they coined a new word to show how painful it is: excruciating.

Being separated from the godhead and taking the sins of the world upon Himself required an infinite capacity for suffering, which Jesus as God had.

The physical was bad. Really bad. Many men died just from the 39 lashes. That was as nothing compared to taking YOUR sins upon Himself, having the Holy Spirit flee Him, having the Father turn His back on Him, and suffering the wrath of God on Himself for what YOU did wrong. Not what He did wrong; He was sinless.

He didn't know any sin until He took all of our sins upon Himself, suffered the wrath of God on all of them, and then died, taking them all down with Him.

I could torture you for a while, and you'd eventually go into shock and die.

Jesus could still be on that cross if He chose to be there; His capacity for suffering, as love, is infinite.
>>
>>1723449
You are the Christianfag who plagues /lit/ and /his/ with his Christian opinions. If you ever come to /tv/ I will hunt you down IRL and eviscerate you.
>>
>>1723409

The truth is an absolute defense.

>>1723490
You should take your own advice.
>>
>>1723506
So Jesus isn't God?

He took all of "our" "sin", when why is there still sin?
>>
>>1723449
No, man, it doesn't. A talent is a weight, like a ton.

If the parable was "Jesus gave this man one ton of gold, this man two tons of gold, and this man three tons of gold", would you be talking about their respective abilities and efforts?

No, you need to learn to divide the scriptures rightly. The precious thing (a talent would be several years' wages) is salvation; the men who hustled in the marketplace did the things Jesus expects the Tribulation saints to do: give water to the thirsty, clothes to the naked, food to the hungry. These are the people who are in the sheep and goats judgment at the end of the tribulation.

The two who go well go into the kingdom of God on earth; the one who does not, who buries his salvation and hides it, is cast into hell.

That's not us; that's not christians; that's not this age.

Learn to divide the scriptures rightly. It's all for us, but it's not all to us.
>>
>>1723510
I actually only post on /his/ anon and stay on topic, why are you so cranky tho anon?
>>
>>1723516
There's only 1 sin remaining that Jesus did not forgive on the cross, and that's the unpardonable sin, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Unbelief.

You have 1 rule to live by: Believe the truth.

I did not say Jesus made sin disappear at the cross; I said Jesus paid the price for all of mankind's sins upon the cross. They're all dealt with, paid in full by the blood of the Lamb of God.

So your sins (but for Unbelief) are paid for, but that's not your problem. Your problem is Unbelief.

Believe, and live.
>>
>>1723533
How is inbelief a sin?

What the fuck
>>
>>1723533
Following this, we can conclude atheism is a tool of Satan.
>>
>>1723510
I am sorry.

There is some Christian fag who ruined /lit/ with his Christian bait. I thought you were him

He just randomly posts Christian propaganda written in poetic prose (love, grace, aura, tenderness, blah blah blah).
>>
>>1723579
meant for >>1723531
>>
>>1721847
>>1722116
>>1723325
Unless you give bible/buddhabook quotes saying that exact literal thing you're saying here, you're putting things into these guys' mouth they probably never thought, let alone proclaimed.
Literal quotes is the only way you'll ever get a reasonable answer to OP.
"Buddha says X" - "NO, BUDDHA SAYS Y AND JESUS SAYS X" - "NO HE DOESN'T, FUCK JESUS" is going nowhere.
>>
>>1723597
>demanding evidence in a religious discussion
>>
>>1723325
There can be no "mutual ceasing of violence". If you wait for the other one to cease violence, the cycle continues. If you take up violence again once you're offended or attacked, the cycle continues. Everyone always feels justified in his violence, and like it's the other one who started. The only solution is to abandon violence completely and unilaterally, and "turn the other cheek". Of course that means you'll get rekt in a world where Christianity hasn't been accepted. That's exactly what happened to Jesus. And then the martyrs kept getting murdered while turning the other cheek, but every time they did they revealed the truth: that violence targets the innocent just the same and is therefore never justified.
>>
>>1723606
No its because people oversimplify "Buddha teaches no God when Jesus teaches God" when actually it's more complicated than just "Buddha teaches no God" when actually he recognized many deities and divine beings and simultaneously is an avatar of God according to the Srimad Bhagavatam.

Then "Jesus teaches the church" when actually Christ recites the religion of Judaism at the time, bring a reform to what is being practiced at the time, and people make all these over simple quotes online.
>>
>>1723521
And part of salvation is walking as Christ walked and commanded. If you receive the word, the Gospel, bury it and keep it to yourself and dont share it and don't express it, and don't bring forth more than what was given to you by walking as commanded and as Christ did, all because you're afraid...it's considered slothful and lazy. Basically all of them but one was given and brought forth more. The final servant did absolutely nothing with what was given to him.
>>
>>1723597
Let me quote some prattchet.
>Gods are not very introspective. It has never been a survival trait. The ability to cajole, threaten, and terrify has always worked well enough. When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency toward quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow’s-point-of-view is seldom necessary. Which had led, across the multiverse, to men and women of tremendous brilliance and empathy devoting their entire lives to the service of deities who couldn’t beat them at a quiet game of dominoes.
>>
>>1723541
It's a little complicated.

The Holy Spirit is witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

If you say that Jesus is not the Christ, and not the son of the living God, you are calling the Holy Spirit a liar.

All lies do the work of the devil, and all liars. By saying the Holy Spirit is doing the work of the devil, you're not just wrong, you're blaspheming Him.

The list of people thrown into hell has unbelievers smack dab in the middle of it, and the bible states that when on trial for your life before God, you stand condemned already by not believing in Jesus.

Believing in Jesus is believing the truth; He really is God, and He really did die for the sins of mankind, and He really did rise from the dead.

If you cannot agree with the Holy Spirit on that crucial issue, you were born spiritually dead, are spiritually dead, and will remain spiritually dead forever.
>>
>>1723579
>He just randomly posts Christian propaganda written in poetic prose (love, grace, aura, tenderness, blah blah blah).

Wow, how awful. I can see why you would want to murder him irl.
>>
>>1723636
>The final servant did absolutely nothing with what was given to him.

And was cast into hell.

Is that what you think Jesus does to Christians in this age?
>>
>>1721277
wasnt that because his followers were persecuted?
>>
>>1723696
I have no idea, I was comparing the last servant in that parable to what Buddhist's call a stone Buddha.

The stone Buddha is isolated, Christ taught that being isolated (burying the talents and doing nothing) was wicked.

Now in Buddhism I don't think being a stone Buddha is advocated, but it's an option. The same way there are Buddhist capitalists, when Christ taught to separate from the world....which would be the opposite of voluntarily becoming a capitalist which is a worldly concept. Again, I don't think Buddhism advocates capitalism lol, just that its' an option with Buddhism.

Goes back to my other post. I really doubt Buddha intended to be a idol or object of worship. But I can't say for sure as my study of Buddhism really didn't last long as the word of God answered all the questions that I couldn't find in Buddhism.
>>
>>1723618
Well said. But to be honest I'd rather strike back than see my family crucified one after another. Fuck the universal message.
>>
>>1722370
>>1722413
Some good shit fellas. Really. Tho let me wonder for a purpose here. Or is it individualist to do so?
Well so what... should we survive to seek better perspective? To seek detachment? Which in the end will make us what, indifferent? Somehow enlightened? Or is that also a neverending process?
Jesus, Buddha, any philosopher... with all due respect why overthink it all? Is purpose individual or should it become a common matter?
Is it not just causality that drives it all in the end? Darkness is not only external. Perhaps is it our very nature and we have fight it for centuries because we can simpy think for ourselves instead of giving in to primary instincts.

Tl;dr : unrelated post
>>
>>1723735
And that's exactly how the Catholic Church for example strayed from "true Christianity". Instead of putting an end to history, Christianity turned into a civilisation (two of them actually), which necessarily requires violence. But despite that, Christian values made their way, the Church followed a doctrine of using violence when necessary but preventing it when possible, and that's probably why we live in a much more humane society today, where things like slavery or gladiator fights that were commonplace before are seen as abhorrent.

I'm not sure which is the best position though. At first glace true Christianity seems impossible and suicidal, and yet back in the first centuries AD when it was truly non-violent, and Christians were murdered for their beliefs without fighting back, that didn't prevent it from spreading like wildfire.
>>
>>1720504
This is a retarded question. Please refrain from making retarded questions in the future.
>>
>>1723728
Yes, which is why Christianity and Buddhism have nothing in common.
>>
If I hear one more person say Buddhism is against "human nature" or is "just detach yourself", I am going to flip. It's the MIDDLE path, morons. Buddhism in all its incarnations is probably the most community-focused world religion.
>>
>>1723797
Of course they do.

>Buddha: Consider others as yourself."

>Christ: Treat others the same way you want them to treat you."5"You shall love your neighbor as yourself."6

Both teach losing the self in order to gain nirvana and salvation. Both teach renunciation.

Also, Christ says to forgive our enemies and be good to them, and Buddha teaches hate is knly defeated truly through love.
>>
>>1723812
>The path you take to fall into a live volcano matters.
>>
>>1723819
>Both teach renunciation.

Nope. That's only your guy.

My God came so that we may have life, and life more abundantly.

Not contemplate our navels in caves or set ourselves on fire.
>>
>>1723819
Nirvana is not the same thing as being a part of the kingdom of god. They have completely different objectives.
>>
>>1723819
>Buddha: the fault of others is easily perceived, but that of oneself is difficult to perceive; a man winnows his neighbour's faults like chaff, but his own fault he hides, as a cheat hides the bad die from the gambler.

>Christ: "15"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."16
>>
>>1723824
Bad meme

>>1723827
They are the same.
>>
>>1723820
Thanks, man. You sure told me.
>>
>>1722116
how did you become an idiot (Christian)
>>
>>1723828
>>1723819
Both religions perform exorcism and rid of bad spirits.
>>
>>1722727
>The Truth, and The Life;
that is the sun. Jesus was just a faggot
>>
>>1723850
>And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?

Buddhism is not a Satanic religion because it also has authority to cleanse away bad spirits and evil, and it's goal is to save other from various hell reality.
>>
>all these DUDE BUDDHA/JESUS SAID SAME THING cucks

Literally the "all races are created equal" bullshit
>>
>>1723878
>when you can't think of a good argument but still want to voice your opinion
>>
>>1723841
How did you become so blindly bitter?
>>
>>1723893
>christcuk
>calling other blind
>>
>>1723886
Good post
>>
>>1723905
Thanks for bringing such quality posts to this board.
>>
>>1723915
>complains about quality of the posts in the worst possible thread
kek
>>
Buddhism and Christianity teach helping others , renouncing the world for wisdom, and both require a level of devotion to attain the goal, like liberation.

Both exorcise demons and repent for sins.

Actual Christians are supposed to teach others and help sinners, they are not supposed to preach mindlessly and persecute their brothers. Christ does not want us to hate any sinner. So actual Christianity, is Buddhist in theory, because there is Buddha nature in every religious teaching.

Buddhism is not atheistic or deistic, but it is the practices who is allowed free will to choose what else they believe in, as the Buddha does not teach us to limit our mind with a specific scripture but rather gives freedom to seek out any scripture.
>>
>>1723932
>buddhism
>sins

>christianity
>renunciation of the world
>wisdom

>buddhism
>free will

K E K

Thank you for the laughs. You newagers are quite hilarious with your syncretics.
>>
>>1720504
>Jesus
Was an aspect of God incarnate, omniscient

>Buddha
Achieved perfect enlightenment, omniscient
>>
What is important is not choosing "who is smarter" because they are both smart, and they both teach you the likeness of them.

Christ needs Christians to imitate Him to the extent that people need the compassion and knowledge of the Saviour. Teach what the Savior taught rather than teach what the church says to believe about the Saviour. Yes, He was sacrificed to clean the world of sin, but to tell someone "they are an abomination, you don't truly believe like I do" is a sin worse than being a non believer.

Buddha recognizes everything with a buddhist quality, the form and emptiness, the material and the transition of the world, all things change.
>>
>>1723890
I'm feeling you man. You're saying blasphemy either leads to destruction or redemption? That what matters after all is the afterlife?
Now let me ask you, God only allows himself the primary sin, anger. Is it frowned upon for us as well? What's one soul worth if we're all doomed to either the flames of hell or his warm embrace? He only gave us pride so we could disregard it?
I respect christianity but it's purpose benefits what... God's will at best?
I gather from both christians and buddhists that we should be humble and calm. I may as well be dead
>>
>>1723945
There is sin recognized in Buddhism but it is not sin the same way mainstream Christians believe in sin. The sin in Buddhism is causing harm to another, accumulation of bad karma because of bad deed. Sin in Christianity is also this, bad deed bad karma, however, it also teaches to defy God is a sin.

This is not just in Adam and Eve, this is true even in the Vedic wisdom, where one needs to fulfill one Dharma, and to not complete this dharma, is a sin. To not be in subjection to God is a sin, because God in this case is leading each to the right middle way, and to consciously move away from this, one for sakes wisdom for the world but wisdom is eternal truth and the world is temporary enjoyment.
>>
File: praise tengri tbh.jpg (533KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
praise tengri tbh.jpg
533KB, 1000x665px
>>1720504
>my invisible sky daddy is better than your invisible sky daddy
>>
In any case, Buddha surely are more impressive. Jesus basically played on God Mode. Nothing of what he done really counts.
>>
>>1723977
Why the fuck would you delete his fucking post now that's utter bullshit
>>
>>1723977
God did not send Christ into the world so we can "go to hell" but so that through Him we can bring saved from the hell.
>>
>>1723982
>Christianity teaches Karma

k e k

You're delusional kid.
>>
>>1723997
Are you not taught that people who do bad will receive punishment in the next life and those who do good will be rewarded?
>>
>>1723782
>gladiator fights

I am off-topic here, but how the heck did Romans come to enjoy such atrocious sport? Were they all bloodthirsty psychos or what?

>that didn't prevent it from spreading like wildfire

A well-educated zealot can convert thousands of common people in his lifetime. If the common people, the majority of society, adhere to a certain religion, the rulers will have no choice but join them and declare said faith as the official religion of the State.
>>
>>1723997
Everything is karma. Karma is action, cause and effect. Every sin, with a negative result is karma, and the effect is the effect of the sin. God sent Christ because to save the world from sin. Effect is salvation, and it is Cause of Yeshua.
>>
>>1723988
buddhism is atheist
>>
>>1724018
It wasn't that bloodthirsty by ancient times standards. Most of the times nobody even died because how the fuck would you replace gladiators?
>>
>>1724018

>how the heck did Romans come to enjoy such atrocious sport? Were they all bloodthirsty psychos or what?
That stuff was pretty normal before Christianity. In fact gladiator fights were framed as a sacrifice to the gods, so it's exactly what I was talking about: people deluding themselves into thinking violence was ordained by the gods, until Jesus destroyed that notion.

>If the common people, the majority of society, adhere to a certain religion
Point is non-violence didn't kill early Christianity, quite the contrary.
>>
>>1723994
It seems to me you learned the best you could from your God. I respect that. What happens when something/someone wrongs you so deeply that darkness comes before your blessing ways?
Do you set it all aside for God's sake when your soul will fee twisted and broken? I'm curious, or angry that you would let Him take over your freedom to fight back.
Thank you for your responses anyway
>>
>>1724017
You're reading too much into fantasy.

God only punishes unbelievers and sinners.

Buddhists don't have a god to punish them, they will still go to hell because they haven't repent to our lord savior Jesus Christ.
>>
>>1724060
Not all buddhist are. You can be buddhist and identify God and the Highest God, and a buddhist could be atheist and a buddhist can be identifying with God through religion and still be considered buddhist. There is no exact rejection or acceptance of Lord, there is wisdom however on what we can do here and now.
>>
>>1724147
You must mean a bodhisatva under Amida Buddha teaching through skillful means
>>
>>1724146
We are taught to forgive others for their misdeeds "forgive us our trespasses and we forgive those who trespass against us" and Buddha would agree that when we forgive others it opens us to be forgiven for our misdeeds whatever that may be. We are supposed to rely on God for the guidence and also trust ourselves in our own guidence, because our will is in harmony with God's, at least in this case. Much of our anger when looked back on is us in vanity and in a place without the understanding we have now, and that's from experience man, exact answers for stuff isn't always anywhere
>>
>>1724147
Buddhist will willingly go to hell to save another just like Christ does in the Apostolic Creed. They don't go to hell out of condemnation, even in their religion they would be reborn, instead of mainstream Christian hell

Christ teaches salvation from hell (s) and naraka, and does not teach "go to hell"
>>
>>1724151
>not all buddhist
kek

Can you claim you're a christian if you worship the devil?
>>
>>1722116
>lol jesus was way smarter because [proceeds to post jesus saying a far more long winded obtuse version of exactly what buddha said]
>>
>>1722628
and budha is a nearly eternal enity bent on a path twords liberation from suffering who doesnt need to dodge eternal fire and brimstone becuase he saw through it as illusory in the grand scheme of things

no need to dodge what is only in the mind
>>
>>1723325
Jesus was good at identifying a symptom of the problem.

Violence is just a symptom of what caused the violence. You will literally never stop violence until you solve the problem of what causes violence.
>>
>>1724195
What is important is to read Christianity and Buddhism for yourself and contemplate whatever comes to you.

The devil tempts Christ as Satan and tempts Buddha as Mara. Don't make a joke, read about it.
>>
>>1723506
Aww yes, it was worse because he said so. How very convenient.
>>
>>1724179
It makes senses. God's light overcomes our dark deeds. Buddha's wisdom leads to forgiveness. Whatever you've done doesn't fucking matter as long as you become humble enough to follow their mysterious ways. That's just good to know now is it
>>
>>1724208
>mankind's problem is not enough God
>>
>>1724208
Why do you need to stop violence? There literally nothing inherently bad about it.
>>
>>1724230
>kill all the infidels
>>
>>1724259
christians, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>1720622
How do you know that? Aren't his teachings and basically everything about how completely lost?
>>
>>1721847

>fix suffering

Suffering is the whole point you moron.

The Son of Man suffered, died, was buried, rose again and chose to do so on our account with eternity.

You think God isn't completely sure of his opinion on the necessity of suffering? The Christian will suffer to fear not suffering, but God.
>>
>>1722643
>a large sum of money, not your skill set

maybe not your skill set
>>
File: 1472149715958.jpg (143KB, 2418x891px) Image search: [Google]
1472149715958.jpg
143KB, 2418x891px
I am a neet who spend his day and night fapping with porn.
tell me
-what would jesus tell me
-what would buddha tell me
>>
>>1725664
>-what would jesus tell me
You're going to hell

>-what would buddha tell me
It's not bad karma and doesn't harm anyone else, and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it and cause self inflicted suffering, but it's attachment and if you're a monk trying to achieve enlightenment, don't.
>>
>>1722116
>we are only responsible for our suffering and one else

Thats objectively wrong

>Le feduraaaaaah xD

Kill yourself

You forgot the part where Jesus said he was the son of God and that those Who dont follow his teachings will burn in hell for the rest of eternity, that sounds so reasonable
>>
>>1720504
The Buddha was born into a high caste and preached a spiritual philosophy. Memers later turned it into a religion. People around him didn't often see his views as a threat.
Jesus, on the other hand, was basically a rabbi preaching an interesting new form of a religion already despised by most Roman leaders.
So of course Jesus was the one who ended up getting executed. Stop cherry picking in an attempt to trigger this board's resident Christcucks.
>>
>>1725664

Jeezy would probs smash your pc and wake you up to the miracle of the kingdom of heaven (the present moment). he would ressurect you from the dead, i.e. re-inculde you into life and the others you share it with. he would tell you a parable that made no sense and you would question whether he was stoned.

Big B would express the same thing in another way: be alive, cos right now yr already dead son. wake up from your delusions and attachements, and follow the middle path. i was a prince, i had hot chicks jerkin my ding dong, but it only led to despair. i was an ascetic too, but that was even shitter. moderation bro. desire isn't the problem, it's the grasping (trishna in sanskrit) to it that causes you pain. the more you grasp your cock the more you will suffer. moderation bro.
>>
>>1725796
>to the miracle of the kingdom of heaven (the present moment).

That's your VERY personal interpretation of what heaven was to Jesus
>>
>>1725801

nope. it's 100% what he meant.
>>
“Bhikkhus, for a virtuous person, one whose behavior is virtuous, no volition need be exerted: ‘Let non-regret arise in me.’ It is natural that non-regret arises in a virtuous person, one whose behavior is virtuous.

“For one without regret no volition need be exerted: ‘Let joy arise in me.’ It is natural that joy arises in one without regret.

“For one who is joyful no volition need be exerted: ‘Let rapture arise in me.’ It is natural that rapture arises in one who is joyful.

“For one with a rapturous mind no volition need be exerted: ‘Let my body be tranquil.’ It is natural that the body of one with a rapturous mind is tranquil.

“For one tranquil in body no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me feel pleasure.’ It is natural that one tranquil in body feels pleasure.

“For one feeling pleasure no volition need be exerted: ‘Let my mind be concentrated.’ It is natural that the mind of one feeling pleasure is concentrated.

“For one who is concentrated no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me know and see things as they really are.’ It is natural that one who is concentrated knows and sees things as they really are.

“For one who knows and sees things as they really are no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me be disenchanted and dispassionate.’ It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate.

“For one who is disenchanted and dispassionate no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me realize the knowledge and vision of liberation.’ It is natural that one who is disenchanted and dispassionate realizes the knowledge and vision of liberation.
>>
>>1720504
>Strictly in terms of not letting himself be crucified to death, I mean.
Well, one wasn't part of the Roman Empire, so the contest is meaningless.
>>
"When we are in touch with the highest spirit in ourselves, we too are a buddha, filled with the holy spirit, and we become very tolerant, very open, very deep, and very understanding." Thich Nhat Hanh - Living Buddha, Living Christ
>>
>>1725700
No it's not wrong at all. And Jesus called God his father, what the fuck is wrong with that? That we burn in hell if we don't follow his teachings is a simple fact, he's just warning us about it.

Get the fuck back to lolcow with your hysteria already.
>>
Buddhism is just death worship, the ultimate goal being to die and not be reincarnated. Christianity is about the ways one can find happiness in this life and the next.

As a former Buddhist I now find Christianity much more appealing.
>>
>>1727833
>Buddhism is just death worship, the ultimate goal being to die and not be reincarnated.
this
emotions matter to hedonists who think hedonism is a good life style. Even better, hedonists will do anything to think that they are as hedonistic as they are and they even arrange moments in their life where ''it is wrong to display hedonism'' and where ''it is right to display hedonism'', so that they can feel both like saints and animals regularly.

But of course, most people love hedonism far too much to stop being scared of leaving hedonism. Most people are not meant to be something else than hedonist.

In fact, the whole humanity is here because people love to cling to what they feel and think and refuse to do something else with their life.

for people saying that hedonism is relevant,
>life=what you feel+what you think+what you expect from your desires from what you feel and think
therefore,
>grade your desires
and
>non acting on your favorite desires = non life = death

hedonism is not an effective doctrine to be happy. Hedonists believe that you literally die if you ''do not think nor do feel''. They have faith that 'no moving' is death.

of course, doing the opposite brings you a better life:
>perpetual evanescence and lack of control of what you think and feel, therefore cannot be taken seriously (to be happy) => stay still towards what you think and feel.

Once you try to reach stillness, you are more equanimous and benevolent.
>>
>>1726658
OP here, and yeah I know. It's an Anthony Jeselnek joke. A stand up comedian said that and I quoted him.

I seriously can't believe people have been talking about this bullshit throwaway punchline for two days straight.
>>
>>1728818
Why can't you believe it? It is in front of you. It is what you asked. What did you expect when you made this thread? Why not talk about Christ and Buddha? There is only benefit when you talk about them the way they actually are and the Way they actually teach.

Believe in something.
>>
>>1720573
this
>>
File: saint-oniisan.jpg (56KB, 636x479px) Image search: [Google]
saint-oniisan.jpg
56KB, 636x479px
They're friends.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.