[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good books about Stalin, focusing on his life and personality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Any good books about Stalin, focusing on his life and personality?
And by good I mean as objective as possible and derived from facts or probable facts, not demonization or appraisal.
>>
Fuck that traitor
>>
Is it true that Stalin and his crew excecuted people for fun at their drinking parties?
>>
>>1718499
I'm not pro-Stalin I just want to learn something, what's the problem here?
>>
File: 41p1j0UPC2L.jpg (29KB, 330x482px) Image search: [Google]
41p1j0UPC2L.jpg
29KB, 330x482px
Blood Lies by Grover Furr.
>>
File: 68098017.jpg (52KB, 238x256px) Image search: [Google]
68098017.jpg
52KB, 238x256px
>>1718506
>>
>>1718509
Well quick glance about the author makes it look biased.
>Katyn wasn't done by NKVD
>even though Russians apologized
>>
File: stalin-el-grande.png (409KB, 600x600px)
stalin-el-grande.png
409KB, 600x600px
>>1718484
>>
>>1718522
Ok then, read Bloodlands first then Blood Lies.
>>
File: 1399398854425.gif (3MB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1399398854425.gif
3MB, 291x300px
Court of the Red Tsar was a great read. Tells you a lot about his interest in literature, his correspondance with Soviet authors, also a lot about his relations with his children.

>had one of his daughters boyfriends murdered

Up until that i was thinking he was a surprisingly cool dad.
>>
>>1718566
Thank you very much, reading it now, this is what I wanted.
>>
>>1718566
>had one of his daughters boyfriends murdered
so a typical dad then?
>>
>>1718566
You'd have to be a real fucking retard for hooking up with Stalin's daughter. Fucking the daughter of the world's (arguably in his reign) most powerful person in the world who's also very keen in murdering people by the thousands and out of nowhere, is never a good idea.

What did he even thought? "He will like me so much he will put me high up in the Party" or something like that?
>>
>>1719375
Well keep in mind that if the daughter asks someone to be her boyfriend then its kind of hard to say no either.
>>
>>1719375
but anon I'm sure even Stalin eventually came to terms that some man would eventually fuck his daughter. all men do.

I don't think it was necessarily a death sentence from the onset as you posit. Poor fella probably just pissed off old Uncle Joe along the way somehow.
>>
>>1719405
I havent heard about the whole thing but Stalin was kind of paranoid so the boyfriend could have just been shady too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.