[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any nation or state ever managed to erradicate corruption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Venice-government.png (22KB, 628x339px) Image search: [Google]
Venice-government.png
22KB, 628x339px
Has any nation or state ever managed to erradicate corruption or come very close to doing so, and how did they do it?

Also, newfag about the Republic of Venice. Was it good? I guess it was corrupt, but at what level? The system they had to elect the Doge was quite interesting.
>>
>>1714377
Technically there's no corruption in a feudal monarchy.

It wasnt that good of a government thougj.
>>
>>1714384
>Technically there's no corruption in a feudal monarchy.

Huh?
>>
>>1714389
Not him, but if you make the methods by which people engage in corruption legal, then it's not a crime.

Bribing the Secretary of State to make you an Ambassador isn't corruption if selling titles ans positions to the highest bidder is legal. Racketeering isn't a crime and isn't corruption if it's legal to beat people up for not paying you money.
>>
>>1714377
Sealand kinda
>>
>>1714377
>I guess it was corrupt, but at what level?
Depends on the period. Early on it was better than average due to great civic spirit, but by the late 16th century it was insanely corrupt, state secrecy for example was non existent to the point where allied nations were reluctant to discuss sensitive matters with venetian politicians, because it was guaranteed it would become of public dominion as soon as a foreign diplomat offered some cash for it. They tried to shore up the problem by basically becoming a police state, with mixed results. They weren't too bad towards the end, but they kinda fucked up the government structure to achieve the result.

Also the arengo really should be called Concio when referring to Venice. Kinda silly to put it in that pic too, it was eliminated in the early 15th century, it was just barely contemporary with the Collegio, like for 30 years or something.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.