[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: u89.jpg (98KB, 608x900px) Image search: [Google]
u89.jpg
98KB, 608x900px
>If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Is it the lot of Christianity to be hated by the world? I don't want to pretend like we're seriously persecuted (although we certainly have been in the USSR and continue to be in Middle East), but sometimes it seems like there is a pronounced enmity between the world and the Orthodox Church. The media especially

>Pope Francis' enormous popularity -- his Twitter accounts in different languages have a total of about 30 million followers, about as many as Bill Gates and more than Adele -- is a consequence of his openness to diversity and a softer approach to dogma. He represents a modernized Catholic Church. By contrast, the world's second biggest Christian denomination is proving so resistant to modernization that its plans to adopt some timid changes for the first time since the year 787 have fallen through.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages

>While tanks and artillery have been Russia’s weapons of choice to project its power into neighboring Ukraine and Georgia, Mr. Putin has also mobilized faith to expand the country’s reach and influence. A fervent foe of homosexuality and any attempt to put individual rights above those of family, community or nation, the Russian Orthodox Church helps project Russia as the natural ally of all those who pine for a more secure, illiberal world free from the tradition-crushing rush of globalization, multiculturalism and women’s and gay rights.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/14/world/europe/russia-orthodox-church.html?_r=0
>>

I'm gonna be real with you fampai. I'm a neopagan myself, but the subtlety with which you segued into "orthodox is the only real Christianty" literally made my dick hard. Keep being you.
>>
>'modernisation'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
>>
>>1709457
How is neopaganism distinguished from paganism?
>>
>>1709481
it's made-up
>>
>>1709481
For me, I use it to indicate that's I'm neither a reconstructionist (someone who rigidly sticks to historical ritual and practices), nor a faggot who practices coffee table wicca while claiming it predates the christfags. My path is my own, and it acknowledges the modern world instead of denying it.
>>
>>1709491
Why would you be opposed to pagan religious tradition, exactly? Isn't that the whole point of paganism?
>>
>>1709494
>Why would you be opposed to pagan religious tradition, exactly? Isn't that the whole point of paganism?

Well this isn't a pagan thread, but for me the 'point' of paganism is that it makes more sense than Christianity for me, worshiping my gods feels 'right' and instead of my relationship with the divine feeling forced or like a chore as it always did with Jesus, it now feels natural and prayer is something I look forward to.

I don't have anything against tradition, and I actually respect reconstructionists quite a bit... but I feel religion needs to be a breathing, living thing. If it doesn't adapt with you and allow for novel expression, it'll rapidly find itself being left behind by society. Despite all the good it can bring into our lives.

... for reference, I'm not a white supremacist following the Norse gods like many 4chan pagans seem to be. I worship two goddesses from the Greek pantheon, and another goddess with Roman roots who is a little harder to explain.
>>
>>1709513
I understand what you're saying about theology, but if you have the theology without the traditions, then just call yourself a Platonist or a Stoic or something. Paganism as a religion beyond the philosophical theology, is completely about folk religion, it's a collection of folk tales. beliefs and traditions.
>>
>>1709522
Maybe I've been unclear.

My personal take on religion is a combination of the 'personal relationship with the divine' style of American evangelicism, with pagan traditions used for inspiration - often reinterpreted in ways that make more sense with my situation.

For instance, I often offer my gods libations. In ancient Greece, this was usually alcohol, but since I don't really enjoy alcohol I usually sacrifice the drinks I personally value most. Coffee or tea. I think the sacrifice means more that way.

Does that explain at all?

Also, Platonism and Stoicism wouldn't convey that I believe my gods exist and are literally intelligences outside of myself which hear me and even respond to prayers. I actually think the Christian God and Allah both exist too, they're just lying about being omnipotent and a bunch of other things. I also don't find them worthy of worship, so I don't worship them. Simple.
>>
>>1709449

>they can't lick our benis

ЖDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Haha benis XDDD
>>
Can we all agree Christianity, as it is today, is a cult?
>>
>>1709538
no, unless your definition is 'le all reliegions are cults xd'
>>
>>1709535
Platonism has many very polytheistic strands which identify forms with gods.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.