[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /his/'s thoughts about and attitudes toward individualism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Il cristo e l'anticristo_0.jpg (110KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Il cristo e l'anticristo_0.jpg
110KB, 857x1200px
What are /his/'s thoughts about and attitudes toward individualism? Is one an individual, does one become an individual, or is there no such thing as an individual?
>>
>>1708010
Nah
Nah
Nah

Pointless dichotomy is pointless. You have some autonomy and some things influence you.
>>
>>1708010
Individualism is the reason why Western thought is so spiritually bankrupt
>>
>>1708024
Individualism is at the core of Christianity
>>
>>1708022
/thread
>>
>>1708087
My point still stands.
>>
>>1708024
ok mehmet
>>
File: arand.png (24KB, 298x391px) Image search: [Google]
arand.png
24KB, 298x391px
>>1708010
yes no no

>>1708022
Most of our information comes from other people, we depend on it, but when people feed you information they often do it for their own sake and if not then they are usually just spooked.

There is a clear dichotomy between your will and that of others.
>>
>>1708010
>individualism
A persistent illusion. Ultimately we are at the mercy of the millions of humans around us, that history is a long crawl towards larger populations and more complex societies with more powerful social bonds, and the societies which persevere are the societies which figure out how to organize the largest number of humans towards a cohesive goal.
>>
>>1708244
>there is a clear dichotomy between

The fact that two things are different alone doesn't make them worth fussing over, let alone turning into isms
>spheres have an inside and an outside
>What are /his/ thoughts about and attitudes toward insidism?
>>
>>1708275
>societal progress is for some reason my goal
Pretty spooky.
>>
>>1709742
>goal
Who said anything about a goal? Complexity an inevitable consequence of population growth, forced upon our societies whether we like it or not.
>>
>>1708010
Ever since my religious days, I've read up on the history of the world, the history of biology, and all the mechanisms that contribute to our evolution. I came into the world of politics through religion, and from politics to philosophy, because I'm a very doubtful and skeptical person.

The first understanding I came to realize as a universal truth, is that there is no freedom in anything we do. A thief steals out of hunger; an alcoholic drinks out of thirst. The basic anxieties of life cause us to over indulge. With this thinking, one general anxiety, such as the anxiety of always being poor, leads one to a life of over indulgence, and that very same anxiety plagues the rich who are afraid of losing the stability of their riches, and they become over indulgent. The middle class has the opinion of whatever the mainstream is, as nothing afflicts them, because they are neither rich nor poor, thus they don't suffer the anxiety of harsh financial management. In an instant, just by the words someone speaks, the gestures they do, or the clothes they wear, I can determine what kind of life they led; because I know their ego, I know their history.

In evolutionary biology, there is no individualist among the vertebrates. Mammals are especially social. It's a feature of natural selection, because we needed to be social to survive. Morality itself is a social feature. If an "individual" is controlled by his environment and his genes, then he ceases to be an "individual" in the lawful sense, because law is arbitrary and biased.
>>
Interesting.
>>
>>1708010
>Is one an individual
By definition, yes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.