[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgive my ignorance about near eastern history, so this question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Forgive my ignorance about near eastern history, so this question goes for all the Persians and Arabs.

How the fuck Arabs managed to conquer Sassanids? Were Sassanids so decadent or were arabs very skilled?
>>
>>1704058
Here is Caliphate just about 20 years post mohammads death.
>>
>>1704061
What's with the part of Persia around the Caspian?
>>
>>1704058
The sassys fought one of the most brutal sasanian-byzantine wars just a decade ago. Also there was a civil war and a plague going on and also mistreatment of the peasants by the noble cavalry which made tjem switch to the arabs en masse. The arabic light cavalry also had a tactical advantage over the heavy cav of the sasanids
>>
>>1704085
It was a mountainous region where Persians managed to hold out a little bit longer
>>1704097
That begs the question of why ERE, who was far weaker (after all Sassanids almost managed to take Constantinople, hold egypt syria and even anatolia for quite some time and only retreated due to dynastic troubles) managed to hold out for almost a thousand year, and why Sassanids break in about 20 years
>>
>>1704085
Tabaristan/mazandaran. Took another hundred years or so to conquer.
>>
>>1704085
The Dabuyids, who managed to retain their autonomy while still owing tribute and nominal allegiance to the caliphate.
>>
>>1704058
Both the Sassanid's and the Byzantines had just had an apocalyptic war that involved among other things, a massive plague, the mutual conquest of their capitals, and the capture and subsequent rescue of a piece of the true cross and destruction of the most important zoroastrian religious temple. The Arabs essentially just had to walk in and take the place as the two empires that ruled the entire eastern antiquity had done the work of killing each other for them.
>>
>>1704517
>Just walk in.
Yes, all those hard fought by Muslims were just walking in.
>>
The same reason Genghis managed to conquer such a large swathe of Asia; autism on the part of his enemies and a newly unified, hardy tribal fighting force.
>>
>>1704557
I'm not saying they didn't have to work for it, but they really only had a chance because their opponents were already in complete shambles,
>>
>>1704605
Point.
>>
>>1704085
Probably mountain tribes. Basically nobody has had easy time subjugating them going all the way to Cyrus the Great.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.