[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the world portrayed in Dark Souls games similar to medieval

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (31KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 512x288px
Is the world portrayed in Dark Souls games similar to medieval Europe?

Really, did they make most of these clothings, settings, and conventions up or did they take influence from real things in history?
>>
>>1703739
it's as much as game of thrones
>>
>>1703739
No.

Dark Souls architecture is based on high fantasy with medieval european style of building architecture and armor/weapons.
>>
>>1703739

It's a mish-mash of late romanesque and gothic influences.

That being said, it's still miles ahead of the awful Warcraft and dungeonpunk style plaguing fantasy aesthetics today.
>>
>>1703739
No. DaS is basically the generic "low fantasy renaissance Europe as seen by Japan" that's been the gold standard since the 80s.
>>
>>1703739
some of the shit in dark souls is out of the fucking renaissance. so no, it's not accurate.. it's probably hard for people from a different culture/history to nail these things though

I can't think of any games that are accurate though, outside of like, warring states period games
>>
File: 48700_20160609004809_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
48700_20160609004809_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1703908
>I can't think of any games that are accurate though, outside of like, warring states period games
Some of the Total War games are alright. But there's also a lot of Total War and Mount & Blade mods that are devoted to historical accuracy.
>>
>>1703934
>total war
>accurate
Yeah i'm sure a king could just build an army by selecting exactly the type of soldiers he wants. Fuck the feudal system

>mount&Blade
Patrician taste t bh senpai
>>
>>1706004
>Yeah i'm sure a king could just build an army by selecting exactly the type of soldiers he wants
They could to an extent. Mercenaries were widespread, and kings could tell their fighting population what equipment to bring with them (and whether they were to be used as cavalry or infantry, for example. By the 14th-15th century there was enough of a professional corps in much of Europe that there was a lot of choice in army composition
>>
>>1703739
That picture brings back memories. I remember being so happy and overcome with joy as soon as I reached Anor Londo. It felt like an actual accomplishment and it so nice to see it after being stuck in Sens fortress. Then the platforming began... oh god the platforming.
>>
File: 16-jpg.jpg (1MB, 1944x1560px) Image search: [Google]
16-jpg.jpg
1MB, 1944x1560px
>>1703739
See pic related. Anor Londo was inspired by the Milan Cathedral.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.