[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /his/ feel about Sola Fide (the Protestant doctrine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1473902284009.jpg (58KB, 519x410px) Image search: [Google]
1473902284009.jpg
58KB, 519x410px
How does /his/ feel about Sola Fide (the Protestant doctrine that only faith it required for salvation, as opposed to the Catholic and Orthodox position that you need both faith and works)? Orthodox differ also slight from Catholics in this in that Orthodox deny the Catholic doctrine of supererogatory works.
>>
File: Comparsion.png (479KB, 960x543px) Image search: [Google]
Comparsion.png
479KB, 960x543px
As I understand it many Protestants think Faith will cause you to automatically do good actions.
>>
>>1697182
I've run into quite a few who have greater faith in Jesus than anything in the world, including science, but still fornicate left and right.
>>
INB4 someone mentions the passage.
https://youtu.be/OrBe_3Ql2NQ?t=43m57s
>>
>>1697246
Fuck not James White again

Either way, the fact that James have to go out and tell his audience that faith without works is dead entails that he is addressing autonomous agents, some of whom might probably think that "faith" alone is just fine.

But the fact that James straight out told them that they can't just laze around means that salvation once procured must be maintained. This means that sanctification isn't "evidence" of God working his magic. Or that it isn't God moving you to do works. This contradicts James White as given his Compatabilist view and his adherence to the Westminster Confession of Faith, he must hence admit that the works one does is in fact....akin to you as a car being driven by someone

But this contradicts what James is trying to say or Paul himself as well
>>
>>1697178
If you have faith but DONT do good deeds then you probably dont have faith
>>
>>1697292
I've met and know plenty of Protestants who completely believe they are going to heaven and are Jesus freaks, but don't both with the lifestyle at all.
>>
>>1697311
Then they dont really believe. They just believe that if they go through the motions they get a ticket to heaven
>>
>>1697320
No, they believe the motions have nothing to do with it, only the belief matters.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.