[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me what this deer symbol represents? The reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1431396388125 - Copy.jpg (191KB, 1100x825px) Image search: [Google]
1431396388125 - Copy.jpg
191KB, 1100x825px
Can someone tell me what this deer symbol represents? The reason I ask is because I have seen the non-political metal band Agalloch use this exact symbol before.
>>
Jäger
>>
File: Web_Main-Photo_Mantle.jpg (39KB, 599x450px) Image search: [Google]
Web_Main-Photo_Mantle.jpg
39KB, 599x450px
An example of an Agalloch shirt which has the symbol.
>>
one of those reminds me of the euro
>>
>>1695368
>Hans, shut it down! They found out!
>>
>>1695346
Is that Asterix's helmet?
>>
File: Jagermeister_bottle.jpg (57KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
Jagermeister_bottle.jpg
57KB, 400x580px
>>1695346
>>
>>1695346
31. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division
>>
>>1695346
Cuckoldry.
>>
>>1695346
>a fucking LEAF
>>
>>1695346
31 Waffen SS

Hitler's killers
>>
File: tumblr_nkuodvTbnx1s5slo6o1_1280.png (407KB, 584x754px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkuodvTbnx1s5slo6o1_1280.png
407KB, 584x754px
>he doesn't know about the deer in the higher nazi ranks and their own division

Despite Caligula's ramblings, deer are more efficient than horses.
>>
>>1695531
Sieg Hirsch!
>>
>>1695346
The shield in question is that of the 31. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division. The unit was formed in late 1944 in Hungary, and consisted primarily of German-speakers from Hungary, Ruthenia and northern Serbia. It was involved in heavy combat in Hungary and retreated to Czechia, where it was reinforced and ultimately surrendered.

The shield bears not only a striking resemblance to the Jägermeister Logo >>1695447 , some people also draw a connection between the South-Tyrolian right-wing band "Frei.Wild" and the shield. This is especially interesting, since the 31. later included units from Brixen, which is a town in South-Tyrol.

The stag has a proud place in the German heraldic tradition. It is often associated with hunting, and a stag with a cross between his antlers usually refers to Saint Hubertus, the patron of the hunters. And that's where imo the division insignia comes from. One of the units that formed the core of the 31. SS division was the 23. Waffen-Gebirgs-Division der SS „Kama“ (kroatische Nr. 2), a unit that was never involved in combat, and was dissolved in training. According to it's name, it's a mountaineer division, and in German mountaineers are called "Gebirgsjäger" (literally mountain hunters).

Agalloch is a band that frequently references nature, or ancestral paganism. They've also used a deer skull as a percussion instrument on stage. So using a stag emblem makes some degree of sense for the band. They probably were looking for a badass stag, and ripped off the Jägermeister logo.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>1695346
same as the bull
>>
>>1695611
>The stag has a proud place in the German heraldic tradition.
Of cuckoldry?
>>
>>1695611
Good post thanks
>>
File: Odal_Rune_1.png (11KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Odal_Rune_1.png
11KB, 350x350px
>>1695361

Having an Odal Rune in the back of that shirt seems more """"problematic"""" than the deer symbol, but I doubt Agalloch are pro-facists or crypto-facists since they are hipster metal band and they seem to like very "progressive" auteurs like Jodorowsky and Jim Jarmuch.

Maybe they want to reclaim the original non-political meanings of those symbols.
>>
>>1695346
sometimes a deer is just a deer
>>
File: jagere.jpg (356KB, 1596x1267px) Image search: [Google]
jagere.jpg
356KB, 1596x1267px
jagermeister
>>
>>1695346
Does anyone know where I can read about the meaning of the symbols of each of these divisions?
>>
>>1699038
Among the symbols I see are
>swastika
>Wolfsangel
>Odal Rune
>triskelion
>fasces
>broken Sun Cross
>stick grenades
>SS runes
>scimitars/sabers
>swords
>skulls
>lions
>double eagle/imperial eagle
>key
>horse
>laurel wreath
Just look those up on wikipedia or put a (heraldry) behind it.
>>
>>1695611
>Saint Hubertus

Yet another connection between the Nazis and the Catholics; that's the secret hunting lodge that took a living Scalia out hunting and produced a dead Scalia.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.