[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for an history book about the history of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 13-colonies-image.jpg (46KB, 417x396px) Image search: [Google]
13-colonies-image.jpg
46KB, 417x396px
I'm looking for an history book about the history of the USA from the settlement of the 13 English colonies and before to present times, if possible in French or in an English that is not too sophisticated.
>>
>>1693580
You know whats better than gay books?
>>
>>1693580
I highly HIGHLY reccomend a book called the albion's seeds: four british folkways for this subject. it divides the states moreso according to the origin of settlers from within england, which I think is a better way to really divide up the settlements unless your explicit purpose is to examine law

it's seriously one of the best books on america EVER written. it clarifies regional differences that most americans themselves talk about in reference without explicitly understanding

MUST READ
>>
>>1693622
>settlers from within england

My bollox to barnyard door I bet Liverpudlians are the ancestors of Virginians.
>>
>>1693629
my english history is a little weak, but virginians descend from the cavalier supporters of charles i. if they are heavily drawn from liverpool, that might just be right. virginians are willful as fuck.
>>
>>1693643
"The older nobility, who had served in government and at court, tended to fight against the king (their long-establishment gave them a greater confidence in challenging the crown). The classic royalist noble tended to hail from a family that had not been involved in government or court, or a nouveau riche who had got their title since 1600."

Well this points to Northerners I think.
>>
>>1693659
oh but wait

"But there is a twist to the story. Both sides gradually pushed out the nobility from their armies during the course of the war, because in order to win, they had to grab talent wherever they found it rising. By 1649, just 8 per cent of the senior officers in parliament’s New Model Army had been to university, by then the mark of a gentleman. When you look at the king’s field officers throughout the war, you find that three-quarters of them didn’t have a coat of arms. In other words, they weren’t even drawn from the class that traditionally ran local government, let alone central government."

The fuck? I wasn't taught this in school. I was taught fancy pantaloon men vs roundhead gruff parlimentarians.
>>
File: american.jpg (151KB, 1268x583px) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
151KB, 1268x583px
>>1693580
>>
>>1693671
not sure what the education is like in england, but they tell us outright lies in america of various sorts, which gets worse as time goes on.
>>
>>1693580
The American Pagent
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.