[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are educated people less likely to take risks compared to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: audrey belrose.jpg (211KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
audrey belrose.jpg
211KB, 850x638px
Why are educated people less likely to take risks compared to not so educated people?

Lets use a fictional example, the batman's father/mother being robbed by a gunman. The father was willing to rationalize and give the robber all the money, yet the robber was very irrational and shot/killed both the father/mother without hesitation.

In some cases, the lesser educated benefits tremendously from these risks. Why don't educated people make risks like these? Or is it the less educated don't know about the risk and simply "do it"?
>>
>>1693402
Education system is designed to make you a useful 'tool' for the benefit of society. Individuals who takes risks are not so useful to society because they cannot be controlled as easily as the obedient ones who don't take risks nor behave in risky manners.

Basically, educated minds are conditioned to not take the risks.
>>
>>1693402
I don't know if this is the right board for this but i would think it comes down to how much these risks correlates the persons perceived chances of survival or asking the question "what do i have to lose" in some intances all people have to lose is their life, this may cause them to act irattionally.
that is my take on it , I am not sure it is the right answer though to your question
>>
>>1693402
Because the intelligent people can make that amount of money in a few hours of work in a comfy office instead of taking on a chance of being killed or going to prison.

If you don't understand what risk is kys
>>
>>1693558
Intelligent doesn't equal to rich.
>>
>>1693558
>>1693565
Intelligent does not equal educated, as well
>>
>>1693402
They have more to lose. The father had a family, a career, a fulfilling life. The robber was probably on the edge and didn't care if he died.
>>
Smarter people think about the future more.
>>
That is because we have history in school not because it's a useless interest but because it's supposed to give us hindsight

>it's the 'if we refuse to learn, history will repeat itself' meme
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.