[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any logical (i.e. not muh Holy Book says so) for a God to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: aXm7907xjU.jpg (61KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm7907xjU.jpg
61KB, 650x650px
Any logical (i.e. not muh Holy Book says so) for a God to be a personal being? I don't really in doubt about existence of some sort of absolute, but see pantheism as more logical approach, as the most popular logical arguments point on the necessary nature of God as cause for reality and such, but a personal nature of such cause seems to be pretty far fetched and based mostly in a wishful thinking.
>>
Why would an intelligent creator create the universe if it didn't have some vested interest in doing so?
>>
>>1692487
I dunno

The africans think God made the world on a casual whim and fucked off
>>
>>1692487
Universe could be side effect of divine powers, like your shadow is side effect of your physical nature. Who knows, how exactly it works for God. Maybe, we all just his dream?
>>
>>1692449
So you're a deist? I sympathise with deism tbqh, I believe we can prove God exists using logic and that God maintains universals but my beliefes that God actually gives a shit about humanity are mostly faith-based.

Of course, God must have cared a little bit to create us in the first place. And the idea is that God and the fact that he allows us to keep existing must mean he likes us a little. But did God really speak to Abraham? i really can't prove that using logic or evidence.
>>
>>1692578
Please excuse my terrible grammar I am really tired
>>
>>1692449
>Any logical (i.e. not muh Holy Book says so) for a God to be a personal being?
Well, a world exists, and if there's a God, he made it.

If God is truly God, he can't be acted on by an external force. It can't be a property of his being that he HAS to make it, because then he's bound by a higher law. He's some sort of demiurge.

He also can't have created the world to fulfill any need of his. Again, properly God, he can just create whatever he needs, including any emotional gratification (because he fucking created emotions).

So from these two things we can discern two features of god.

1) He has a will. Perhaps not a mind as we understand it, but he has one close enough to ours that he has a will to do things. Because if he didn't make the world out of his own volition, he's bound by something else, therefor, not God.

2) God does things solely for our benefit. He does not act in the world out of his own needs or desires, but out of our needs and desires. Simply put, God loves us.

If we got a will and a love, than that's close enough to a 'personal being' to me.
>>
>>1692578
I mostly believe that God is the essence of reality, truth behind all existence and things like that. The more individual beings seems to be more separate from absolute. Basically, everything in our world or even beyond it happens according to God and God directly acts through everything that exist. There is no reason for a God to tell you what to do because you aren't really separate from him.
>>
>>1692594
Good reasoning here, I will considered that in a future.
>>
>>1692617
Have you ever heard of the theory of divine simplicity? It essentially states that to be perfect, God must be singular in essence and therefore seperate from the universe. God cannot be the the universe because the universe has multiple parts and isn't pure oneness. To say that God resides within the universe or that the universe is a part of god is to diminish his purity.

This concept is commonly believed in most abrahamic traditions.
>>
>>1692449
psychedelic drugs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.