[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books from the Old Testament are most revelant for Christian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: bible-Sunlight.jpg (95KB, 1600x965px) Image search: [Google]
bible-Sunlight.jpg
95KB, 1600x965px
What books from the Old Testament are most revelant for Christian believers today?
>>
>>1687421
The one that says gays are bad
>>
>>1687421
The ones that say /his/ is a history board.
>>
>>1687443
>& religion
>>
>>1687421
Non of them.

NT writers already did the work for you.
>>
>>1687494
marcion?
>>
>>1687421
Ecclesiastes
> I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[c]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”
>>
>>1687421

NONE; THE OLD TESTAMENT IS RELEVANT TO JUDEOCHRISTIANS, NOT TO CHRISTIANS.
>>
>>1687448
Is this a new meme I don't know about?
>>
>>1687498
The actual NT writers, whomever they where, went to great lengths to pick and chose anything relevant to the new religion
>>
File: machen.jpg (30KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
machen.jpg
30KB, 400x434px
All of them. If you reject the OT you're either a liberal (and thus not a Christian), or seriously misinformed.
>>
>>1687554
t. mainstream Christian
>>
Things pertaining to the old covenant ex: not eating pork, do not apply to the new covenant, unless explicitly stated.
>>
>>1687421
The prophets, mainly the book of Yeshayáhu (Isaiah) to get an understanding of the prophecies that were believed to have come true. There are also allusions to other books of the prophets scattered throughout the New Covenant (NT). Paul alludes to Yirmiyáhu (Jeremiah) and Yona a lot.
Most Christians are divided on whether they are required to keep the seven Noahide laws or the ten commandments so the Torah is mainly for understanding the legal and cultural base of Jewish society.
The psalms are used for liturgy.
>>
>>1687520
did you not read the sticky or is this a new meme?
>>
>>1687554
It outright tells us we're not bound to the old laws like those found in Leviticus in Galatians anon.
>>
Every book is relevant, but I get a lot out of Job and Ecclesiastes. Probably the most pertinent in regard to the NT as an extension of the OT are the prophecies, the prophetic portions of Psalms, and all the verses about God's word/wisdom/understanding.

Also, Genesis and Exodus are both very high literary quality, aside from their spiritual value.
>>
Songs of Solomon will teach you how to fugg
>>
If I was a "Christian believer," then the Bible would be the most (and arguably only) important text in existence, and I would certainly read 100% of it and memorize it if I could. In fact I have read it all anyway, just out of an interest in history, philosophy, and anthropology.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.