[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the US doom from the start? If the American Experiment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: aa_adams_jefferson_1_e.jpg (122KB, 540x379px) Image search: [Google]
aa_adams_jefferson_1_e.jpg
122KB, 540x379px
Was the US doom from the start?

If the American Experiment were repeated could we avoid the federal empire we have today?
>>
As long as stated refuse to act in the common interest, power will flow upwards.
>>
>>1684719
This is implying that there is something inherently bad with imperialism which is not true. In fact, if you are powerful enough to create an empire while maintaining most, if not more, liberties that have existed since the country was founded than you have succeeded. In fact, many international relations experts would point at the United States and say they are the pinnacle of a peaceful era globally.
>>
File: redf.jpg (38KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
redf.jpg
38KB, 500x626px
Just look at the disappointment in his eyes

it knew what it was going to happen
>>
America is better than most other countries tbqh
>>
>>1684719
doomed for what? ur the only white country for a third of the lands mass and you got the kings at ur back (canada-atlantic, australia-pacific)

get going

ur beinginvade by spics and shit send more eco hitman to the sth
>>
>Was the US doom from the start?

Well that depends, if you mean "the American experiment" as in colonial independence from European superpowers then no, that has been proven over again to be a valid concept.

If you mean the nation of immigrants bit ("give me your sick, your hungry etc etc"), then arguably no, despite the last fifteen years they have proven that concept valid, even engraving it deeply into their national myth.

Now if it's their own favorite "liberty and justice for all" bit, I'm not so sure. If you ignore the obvious demarcation lines at 1865 & 1968(?) and view the individuals independence from the state, then I might stretch as far as to say that that was a thing up until WWII, maybe post-war as well, but definitely gone by the late 50's

tl;dr it depends, but generally no
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.