[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you people only read about history for fun or the vast ma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1423244835754.jpg (159KB, 663x599px)
1423244835754.jpg
159KB, 663x599px
Do you people only read about history for fun or the vast majority of this board are history/humanities students? I'm studying STEM but I really enjoy history for some reason. I believe it is because after a while you get that people were always the same and if given the chance they would procrastinate like we do today. It is a very common idea today that we should aim to be a superman and we should feel guilt for wasting time, at least it's common between my peers. Also people in the past had problems and poor conditions of living, like we have today. So history can make you feel less alone in the world and prepare you for the worst (losing parents, losing job, diseases).

Sadly I have very little time for reading and I would like to write a bit more because I feel it is good for keeping information. Do you feel like reading is enough or writing is necessary? do you try to reenact history for better understanding?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a34dP9NCwjw

I don't have costumes or money to buy old things, nor I live next to nature to go camping or hunting so I'm limited to trying old recipes from his channel. To keep my reenacting cheap I've been playing with fasting too. Any other (cheap) ideas to help learning and take the most from my readings? Currently I'm at feudal Europe (900-1400) and next year I'll learn about ancient Egypt or ancient Africa.
>>
>>1682236
I'm a NEET with too much time on my hands.

It was this or anime. I think I made the right choice.
>>
>>1682236
I read for fun, and for research purposes for my comics (mesoamerica related). I'm gonna learn how to sow though, so I can start making actual costumes and get in touch with some weavers in Mexico. I do drawing reconstructions of clothing, but I want to move to making them irl too.
>>
>>1682236
>for fun or as a student

Both. I don't come on here often for help or anything though.
>>
You gave me the idea to try again and old exercise I used to do 2 years ago. Since doing anything like this involves spending money and generating physical objects that I don't have time to sell and would just clutter in my small house, I can write a short history where the character does it. The problems with this method is that you they way you are creating would actually work in real life, you need to guess the difficulties (or spend a lot of time searching for postmortem of similar projects which is boring as fuck) and it consumes "brain fuel" so it can negatively impact your performance in college/school.
>>
>>1682252
Are you a history student? Which parts are the worst and feel like a chore? For example I'm doing chemE and they make we sit through meme business, useless steam locomotive era knowledge and too much calculus.

>inb4 these are necessary
In the past maybe, today we could focus on more important things.
>>
I'm studying history in university because I want to die poor.

Luckily I live in a big government city and from what I've seen the government actually employs lots of history majors, and I have some government experience so I can probably wheel something.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.