[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The pharaoh's mummy reveals an aquiline nose and strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ramesses_bust_detail.jpg (101KB, 529x465px) Image search: [Google]
ramesses_bust_detail.jpg
101KB, 529x465px
>The pharaoh's mummy reveals an aquiline nose and strong jaw, and stands at about 1.7 metres (5 ft 7 in).
Ramses the Great more like Ramses the Manlet lmao
>>
>>1681147
I'd reckonen 5'7 is fairly above average during that time. Average height in 17/18th century europe was around 5'7. It's only recent that people's height grew astoundingly, due to food overproduction.
>>
>>1681147
> due to food overproduction.
food overproduction that caused demographic shifts, none of this malnutrition bullshit
>>
>>1681154
Let me fix that a bit.

Average height in 18th century England/German/Scotland is around 5'5. Average soldier heights for that those countries are 5'6.
>>
meanwhile moses was a 6'2" ayran god among men
>>
>>1681174
lanklet
>>
>>1681154
>>1681167
Surely royalty like Ramses would've had as much food as they liked, though?
>>
FO SHO BRO HE NEEDED TO LIFT MO

FUCKING PUSSY

BRO DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
>>
>>1681147
>Manlet
/fit/ GTFO muh /his/
>>
>>1681388
broke my fucking back to carry 3 dead fatshits
>>
>>1681361
http://www.newhistorian.com/pharaohs-heights-confirm-royal-incest/3749/

Accordingly, the 5'7 is above average height for the time period. With average male citizen's height ranging from 5'2 to 5'5.

The queen of Ramses II was 5'4 and she's considered taller than average male of the time..

I would assume they'd eat much more variety, if not much more. However, one thing is certain, they'd eat at the very least, the standard, everyday.
>>
>>1681147
Interestingly, DNA analysis has shown he had red hair. Ramses' father was the pharaoh Seti I. Seti means "follower of Set" in Egyptian, with Set being one of the gods of the underworld. People with red hair were often associated with Set in Egyptian culture, so red hair must have run in the family.
>>
>>1681147
The average Egyptian was like 5'5 so 5'7 would be fairly above average.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.