[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you argue with people who do not believe in virtues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: madotsuki2.jpg (332KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
madotsuki2.jpg
332KB, 800x900px
How do you argue with people who do not believe in virtues?

People who are driven simply by common desires like sex, money, and circumstances; people who do not have a foundation in ethics/morals. How do you tell them truth/justice/love/loyalty/etc are higher callings than whatever circumstantial situation they are in?
>>
File: 1401185280053.png (394KB, 598x564px) Image search: [Google]
1401185280053.png
394KB, 598x564px
You stop being a deluded idealist
>>
I don't have any particular virtue I just play devil's advocate towards everything
>>
>>1680884
Isn't saying "idealist" just an excuse for being a slave to circumstantial situation, and not being able to rise above the primal desires?
>>
>>1680905
The catch is that there really isnt't anything "above" to rise up to.
I'd rather consern myself with the material(real) world and try to have control over my life
>>
You can't

Be to just try and find other people who care like you do
>>
just b urself :)
>>
>>1680781
Threat of violence. If you arent willing to force people to see your way give up because words wont be enough.
>>
>>1680943
*tips katana*
>>
>>1680943
this, gas the degenerates
>>
>>1680781
Gifting them a copy of Epictetus books.
Or a New Testament. Depending on what idealistic system you follow.
>>
File: 1472277914056.png (10KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1472277914056.png
10KB, 420x420px
>>1681359
you mean the holy quran
>>
>>1680781
What's the point of arguing with pigs?
>>
>>1680781
Why vomit-chan killed herself
>>
>>1680781
Simple. I don't, after all is said done if you are
>driven by common desires like sex,money, and circumstances
you are an animal.
Do you argue with animals anon? Does it sound logical to you?

I just settle with being a kind person.
I sometimes pet and guide animals, but never do I try to reason with them.

If you meet a human, it should be very very warm.
>>
>>1680781

You realize that those are meaningless buzzwords that are used by people to exploit others and achieve THEIR common desires.

Less edgy answer: you realize that different viewpoints exist and stop trying to force your way of thinking on others.
>>
They were never told about virtues, even less being told to follow them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.