[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this symbol mean? Why is it used by Mongols and Tibetans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 0Ur2W5x.jpg (22KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
0Ur2W5x.jpg
22KB, 300x271px
What does this symbol mean? Why is it used by Mongols and Tibetans (traditional Bon religion) simultaneously? What is the link between both cultures?
>>
It's about Tengriism actually
>>
>>1677878
So why Tibetans use Tengriist symbology?
>>
>>1677869
Quote from Mongol forum

"Ancient Mongolian symbol has MOON, SUN and(not star maybe because they didn`t know this 5 angle shape) a FIRE. Symbol with mix of MOON & SUN is called Hunnic=Nomadic.
The Soyombo symbol is a special character out of the Mongolian Soyombo script that was invented by Zanabazar in 1686. It serves as a national symbol of Mongolia, to be found on the Flag of Mongolia, the Coat of arms of Mongolia, and on many other official documents.Sun and moon symbolise that the Mongolian nation will exist for eternity as the eternal blue sky. Sun, moon and fire symbols derived from Xiongnu."
>>
File: avatar - airbender swag.gif (132KB, 300x144px) Image search: [Google]
132KB, 300x144px
>>1677869
It's because they are the Fire Nation OP, and are currently awaiting the return of Sozin's comet to rise again
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>1677878
Not really, those symbols have nothing to do with Tengrism directly.
>>
File: biggus dickus.png (25KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
biggus dickus.png
25KB, 300x271px
>>1677869
it represents hierarchical society, platos tetrahedron, symbolic of the flame - their alchemic alignment, humanities mastery of the sky heavens and everything under it]

t steppe nigguh life yolo swag 420 bloze it
>>
>>1677869
Why are Mongols so A E S T H E T I C?
>>
>>1677869
The symbol of Soyombo was created by a Mongol Tibetan Buddhist, who was a son of a mongol khan(direct descendant of chingis khan). As part of Soyombo script, which is a derivative of Tibetan script, which is a derivative of variant of Sanskrit. For the sole purpose of spreading Buddhism.
>>
>>1681085
aryan heritage
>>
>>1681085
Ripped off cultural symbols are aesthetic now?
>>
File: 07.png (62KB, 800x614px) Image search: [Google]
07.png
62KB, 800x614px
>>1677869
I thought it was related to Tibetan Buddhism but I guess not
>>
>>1677878
cockroach style LARP
>>
>>1681466
You're most likely right. It looks like its imported directly from the Buddhist stupa designs. Although there are similarities with other designs, the fact of the matter is, the original official creator of the symbol was a buddhist monk from the Tibetan lineage.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.