[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were Roman replicas of Greek statues considered to be inferior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (107KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 564x846px
Why were Roman replicas of Greek statues considered to be inferior to its original design?
>>
>>1677278
By who? The Romans themselves? By the Greeks?
The Romans were Greekaboos. The Greeks considered Romans to be barbarians.
>>
>>1677302
By historians today
>>
Somebody once told me that the Greeks were so good at making statues and knowing the body that they could make statues of men that stood on their own. The Romans made statues that needed a structure to help them stand, ie a post or a piece clothing that had a metal rod holding the statue up. Can anybody confirm or deny this w/ source?
>>
>>1677278

Roman sculpture was considered to be more like a portrait with an exacting replication of the figure

Whereas Greek art was considered more, flowing and marked by emotion and expression, as if the marble was alive
>>
>>1677320
could you be more wrong if you tried?
read a book
>>
Greeks knew Phi and replicate the gold ratio as nature do in every natural structure, Da Vinci did it too in several draws, especially in vesubio.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.