[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gf claims to be a Christian >ask one time who her favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 56743.jpg (19KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
56743.jpg
19KB, 456x320px
>gf claims to be a Christian
>ask one time who her favorite theologian is
>"Al-Ghazali"
>>
Kiss that relationship goodbye, she may as well being implying she's a muslim
>>
>>1675241

IF YOU THINK THAT BEING CHRISTIAN CONSISTS IN BEING AN EXPERT IN THEOLOGY, YOU ARE IGNORANT, AND MOST CERTAINLY NOT AN AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN.
>>
>gf
>Christian
>al-Ghazali
Your gf may well be retarded, as if dating you wasn't a sure enough sign.
>>
>>1675241
>gf

Can already tell this is bullshit
>>
here in north america if I were to have a christian gf, I can assure you it'd be loosely christian. The chances of a person here that would know any theologian nevertheless fucking Al Ghazali... what sort of autist crowd do you hang out with? What an odd and very specific occurrence and reaction (in that you'd have strong feelings either way)

This whole post perplexes me. Who are these people in real life? Like, what?
>>
>>1676225

Is this an argument for the Catholic church where only the elite were allowed to study the Bible because the plebs were always misinterpreting it wrong.

I mean as long as you say Protestantism is wrong I guess I can agree with you.
>>
>>1676280
My reaction is because the guy is defining theologian of Islam

She likes him because she said he's was a much more thoughtful skeptic than even Hume, and showed miraculous theism to be a perfectly tenable position for a skeptic

We're both theology students.
>>
>>1675241
>he doesn't rate al-Ghazali
>>
>>1676293
>we're both theology students

Alright. That makes more sense
>>
>OP is surely a well-educated clever man who makes an obscure funny joke
>all these autists itt nit picking him and not understanding humor
>>
File: Al Kindi.jpg (70KB, 396x477px) Image search: [Google]
Al Kindi.jpg
70KB, 396x477px
>>1675241
She's got Patrician taste t bh. You should learn from her
>>
>>1675241
Al-Ghazali is one of the most important theologians in history. He heavily influenced Aquinas and cemented a doctrinal bond between islamic mysticism and islamic orthodoxy. Your GF chose well.

It's idiotic to discard a theologian's ideals because of his origin. Truly, all things can be purified and made sacred by the grace of God.

In that vein, Muslims are monotheists. It's better that she replied Al-Ghazali than Heisod.
>>
your gf has a good taste OP
>>
>visit /his/ for first time
>this is on front page
Well i was disappointed
>>
>>1677927
Al-Ghazali is the reason why Islam is messed up now. I prefer Islam back when it was liberal and drew a lot of influence from Greek neoplatonists. I prefer figures like Avicenna, Shah Suhrawardi, and Mulla Sadra.

Al-Ghazali was a disgrace to everything Persian whereas those other Persian figures I listed were better. Al-Ghazali also called for the massacres of Alawites.
>>
>>1675241
Mulla Sadra was a lot better and more important to contemporary Persian Islam. I like how he drew influence from Avicenna and Shah Suhraward.

He was the theologian that came to define Persian Islam moreso than Al-Ghazali. Ironically, Al-Ghazali is more important to Arabs.
>>
File: IbnSinaFaith.jpg (41KB, 750x331px) Image search: [Google]
IbnSinaFaith.jpg
41KB, 750x331px
>>1679019
Not that anon and I don't hate Al-Ghazali and would not really put all blame on him for the state of Muslims today. There are people more deserving to be blamed like Ibn Taymiyyah, Muhammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab, Sayyed Qutb, Khomeini etc. But I do have a gripe with him. He seems to be one of the main reasons Muslims have an animosity towards the philosophers and philosophy, Ibn Sina in particular. He seems to have done a great injustice to these people with his accusations of heresy. I believe them to have been far from it, but most people misinterpret the philosophers for the sake of their agendas and blind hatred for the Muʿtazila. Honestly most of the Muslims, mainly Salafies, who meme over how great the Islamic Golden Age was, would ,ironically, takfir(excommunicate) the majority of that eras population, thinkers and scholars. Not all are like that of course, but i feel most are ignorant about Islamic philosophy and though through history(because of the bias created by Ghazali and Ibn Taymiyyah). As for his stance on Alawites, I clearly oppose his inciting of violence towards them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.