[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythology and History How many mythological stories are actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

Mythology and History

How many mythological stories are actually based on history?
>>
>>1672966
Post more Hindu mythology art
>>
File: mahabrahata.jpg (115KB, 980x457px) Image search: [Google]
mahabrahata.jpg
115KB, 980x457px
Mahabharata was based on real events.
>>
Five.
>>
File: chart-zeus-krishna-jesus-christ.jpg (66KB, 510x311px) Image search: [Google]
chart-zeus-krishna-jesus-christ.jpg
66KB, 510x311px
All of them.
>>
>>1673071
Jesus = Yeshu

I see the connection between Krishna and Christ, but Yeshu is no Zeus.
>>
File: karna_by_rogner5th-d9zbthj.jpg (186KB, 1024x703px) Image search: [Google]
karna_by_rogner5th-d9zbthj.jpg
186KB, 1024x703px
Daily reminder that Karna was the most based warrior of them all and 100% objectively right.

He is the embodiment of bros before hoes, and was slain in unfair combat.
>>
File: 2sad4me.png (1MB, 1301x958px) Image search: [Google]
2sad4me.png
1MB, 1301x958px
>>1672966
>Tfw you will never be trapped on Calypso's island and be forced to shag her every night whilst spending your days on a sunny beach pretending to cry
>Tfw when you will never threaten to beat the shit out of a witch only to have her beg for you to share her bed
>Tfw you will never return to your kingdom to find your wife has been loyal and your son isn't a faggot
>Tfw when Homers Odyssey isn't real and you aren't resourceful
Why even live lads?
>>
>>1673111
This. Best bro of all the pandavs
>>
File: rama_rides_by_molee-d4vzuwb.jpg (49KB, 400x511px) Image search: [Google]
rama_rides_by_molee-d4vzuwb.jpg
49KB, 400x511px
>>1673032
>>
File: Brahma.jpg (79KB, 648x865px) Image search: [Google]
Brahma.jpg
79KB, 648x865px
>>
>>1673111
Whoever drew the picture on the right has no fucking clue how bows work
>>
>>1673071
Zeus -> Dyēus -> Deywós
>>
>>1672966

ON topic, the great Norwegian explorer Thor Hyedall, excuse the spelling, was convinced that the Astarte were based upon real, historical characters who migrated from Scandinavia with the people who would become known as the Russ.

tl;dr- Odin, Freya, and Thor were real historical people.

I beleve Heyedall died while excavating near a lake in Russia, convinced he had found the settlement they founded.

Of course he was dismissed as a fool, but there you have it, fascinating nonetheless.
>>
File: images (42).jpg (16KB, 439x335px) Image search: [Google]
images (42).jpg
16KB, 439x335px
>>1674048
http://www.manchuarchery.org/bows

I'm guessing it's based on this
>>
>>1672966

All of them
and none of them
but also some of them
>>
>>1674108
A professor at my undergrad university studied under Heyerdahl (or something like it, he worked with him for a while and saw him as a mentor) and was very close to him. I didn't like the professor very much (kind of an arrogant blowhard), but one time I talked about this with him; according to him, one of Heyerdahl's favorite pieces of information in his favor was that Snorri said the Aesir were based on real people. I guess he thought Snorri got it right, and it was good historical support for his claims about rock carvings.

I've always had the impression Heyerdahl was a cool guy and had a lot of passion, but was ultimately kind of crazy and ended up being wrong about everything.
>>
>>1674118
Maybe, but the bowstring is much too short. It limits the length of the power stroke greatly reducing arrow velocity. Not to mention it looks retarded
>>
>>1673071
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_cognate

I bet you think "amen" comes from "Amun" too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.