[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Roman Catholic Church is the continuation of the Western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: t..jpg (68KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
t..jpg
68KB, 960x639px
> Roman Catholic Church is the continuation of the Western Roman Empire
> Greek Orthodox Church is the continuation of the Eastern Roman Empire
discuss
>>
>>1671963
I thought about and it is true.
Imperium Romanum when?
>>
>>1672204
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1672204
>look paul, I posted it again!
>>
>>1672227
>>1672208
>>
>>1672204
Funny how this autist would never spam this pic if the black guy were a white blonde haired and blue eyed person. Really makes you think huh?
>>
>>1671963
The real Roman Empire was pagan
>>
I like how there is one church in moscow that is direct continuation of Golden Horde.
>>
>>1672208
>>1672222
>>1672245
?
>>
>>1672881
>was
>>
>>1671963
You could argue that Vatican City is in some way a continuation of Rome. Being a separate state that continues the language, some of the law, and the religion from the Roman empire but it's still a bit of a stretch.

The Greek Orthodox church is an ethno-religious club and modern day Greece bears no resemblance to Byzantium. They don't even have Constantinople.
>>
Neither the Pope nor the Patriarch of Constantinople ever presumed to be the emperors of said empires.
>>
>>1673869
>some of the law, and the religion from the Roman empire
no
>>
>>1671963
Agreed on both points. One ruled for a thousand years; the other ruled for a thousand years; now we're past both and headed towards the end of history.
>>
>>1673870
Emperor: Pontifex Maximus
Pope: Pontifex Maximus

I wouldn't hate Catholics so much if they didn't fucking lie all the fucking time.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (330KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
330KB, 700x700px
>>1673913

"Pontifex Maximus" was just one of various titles the emperors had, the religious title to be precise. A title that was abandoned by the emperors around...Theodosius' time? Not entirely sure when. But well before the Schism.
>>
>>1671963
>Greek Orthodox Church is the continuation of the Eastern Roman Empire
NO.
>>
>>1673923
I don't give a fig about any "schism". The pope stepped into the Roman Emperor's shoes, not Peter's.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.