[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I give up, what is this "spook" you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (3KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3KB, 210x240px
Alright, I give up, what is this "spook" you guys talk about?
>>
>>1670750
A harmful mental construct
>>
>>1670750
This is about to become THE most cancerous thread on /his/.

I am ready.
>>
>>1670755

That seems simple enough.

>>1670758

Ugh.....sorry? I didn't know.
>>
Beliefs with a spurious basis.

Generally refers to ideas that cause someone to act in ways which are not in their self-interest, are promoted for this reason and which most people are not aware are spurious, as opposed to mere errors.
>>
>>1670768
>That seems simple enough.
It really is. Its anything that only exists in your thinking and is detrimental to your wellbeing
>>
>>1670773

So like a false belief that leads somebody to self-harm.
>>
File: spook.png (708B, 153x173px) Image search: [Google]
spook.png
708B, 153x173px
>>1670787
not necessarily harm, it could be a reduction in the good that comes their way, for example someone brainwashed by scientologists into giving them money has been spooked
>>
Like, just read the stirner article on the wackypedia
>>
>>1670787
Or a lesser good than you might have otherwise
>>
>>1670853

That's fucking boring.
>>
>>1670876
So is the ego and its own 2bh fami
>>
Any fixed idea you put above yourself in terms of importance. It dosen't necessarily lead to self-harm as >>1670835 said. It puts the cause of an idea to supercede your own. It's called a spook because its an illusion that humans act as if they were true.

Ex: Nationalism would be a spook because it puts the cause of a nation above the cause of the individual. One cannot die for one's country since it is only an idea.

Ex2: The NAP would be a spook since it is a fixed idea that one would put above oneself for. It would seem illogical for one to follow a "rule" when it dosen't really exist past being an idea.

It would imply individuals must rather act however they wish which is why "Egoism" is associated with the philosphy.

Tl;dr: Ideas should not control people, people should control ideas.
>>
>>1670768
>Ugh.....sorry? I didn't know.
You must have if you are acquainted with the cancerous idea that is spooks.
>>
File: 124151513512.png (83KB, 264x218px) Image search: [Google]
124151513512.png
83KB, 264x218px
>>1670750
Either really misunderstood by most, or memed to oblivion,
a "Spook" is an umbrella term for many modes of thought that are founded on beliefs, thoughts, dogma, institutions, etc. , which are external in nature, and of questionable intrinsic worth.

It is not that Spooks are harmful, or dangerous in themselves by necessity,
but rather they may misdirect an individual from self-realization proper.
That said, it can be rightfully argued that to privileged this notion that we ought to sniff out these fixed ideas is a spook as well.

The key to understanding what Stirner was getting at is considering the individual, and the individual's self-interest.

By definition, self-interest cannot be ascribed by any outside party,
and that every voluntary (even including forced or altruistic) actions can be accounted for in this paradigm.
(i.e.
"I feel good for donating to charity"
"I sacrificed myself for a just cause"
"Because I stole, I am richer"
"Because I gave the mugger my wallet, he didn't shoot me"
etc. )

Spooks are value judgments, in where your ideas, tastes and beliefs are given primacy.
Measured by the metric of your Self.

Some people see this all as an "end" of philosophy, when it is rather a reevaluation of our concepts on which the individual may reform their personal philosophy.
>>
>>1670755
>harmful
Not necesarrily. It can be to your benefit, the issue is if you're uncritical about why you believe it. Taking honor and such as a given just because you're supposed to.
>>
I once tried to explain Egoiam to one of my black classmates at university. He punched me in the face when I said we needed to rid ourselves of spooks.
>>
Spook is to the left what degeneracy is to the right.
>>
>>1672201
Stirner appears to be a non-partisan memetic figure and spookposting doesn't seem to be as sincere as calling "Thing I Don't Like" degeneracy.
>>
>>1672445
the alt-right plebs on here really don't understand it, and they're attempting to turn it into an "sjw cuck" thing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.